Small Dap with Spotfy
May 25, 2020 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

altsouza

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I have the mighty vibe player and for wired phones the sound is very bad.
I am looking for a small Dap with Spotfy. The fiio m6 is a kind of big.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Antonio

May 25, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 15
So many to choose from. Do you have a specific budget in mind and are you comfortable ordering from another country if need be? Fiio, Shanling, Hiby and Sony have smallish DAP offerings and some others too.

Also, what will they be driving?

Also to consider that DAP, can sometime be a hit or miss in terms of wifi and streaming so better sound for sure but user experience is very variable. Something to check for sure with current owners once you find one you like.

May 25, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 15
So many to choose from. Do you have a specific budget in mind and are you comfortable ordering from another country if need be? Fiio, Shanling, Hiby and Sony have smallish DAP offerings and some others too.

Also, what will they be driving?

Also to consider that DAP, can sometime be a hit or miss in terms of wifi and streaming so better sound for sure but user experience is very variable. Something to check for sure with current owners once you find one you like.
Thanks.
But it needs to play Spotfy offline.
I will use it for run.
Thanks

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 15
Oh, a DAP for jogging. Quite challenging. Personally, I would go wireless for practical reasons. If you run with your phone on you, you could use a Bluetooth DAC/amp like the Fiio BTR3 (or a similar device) to connect your wired HP without the phone wired to anything. If you need a standalone DAP with streaming on the small size with good sound, something like the Fiio M6 you find big is one of the smallest I can think of, sorry.

May 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 15
A Sony A105 (plus microSD card) if you can get a none EU version (depending on Headphones/IEM's).

I got around 8-9 hrs battery with offline Spotify with wifi/BT/NFC turned off and using battery optimised settings.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 15
Sony 55.9mm x 98.9mm x 11.0mm 103 g

Fiio 53.3mm x 92.5mm x 11.5mm 83g

Wow, so it is! I'd say these are about as small as an Android player is going to get to have usable size screen & enough battery.

Only other small device I still use for Spotify offline (no SIM in it and long battery life if only used for music)) is the first gen iPhone SE 128GB (or maybe 64GB will do) 123.8mm 58.6mm 7.6mm 113g. Great sound output too really and plenty of arm-straps designed for it. Pickup cheap 2nd hand.

Or what about an iPod Touch 123mm x 58.6mm x 6.1mm 88g. Should be plenty good enough for Spotify unless you have demanding headphones.

No idea on sound quality but this really is as small as your going to get for offline Spotify with a wired cable I'd say

https://www.mightyaudio.co.uk/products/mighty-vibe

• Plays Spotify & Amazon Music
  • Tiny & lightweight
  • Wireless syncing
  • 5+ hours of playback
  • 1,000+ song storage (8GB)
  • Bluetooth & wired headphones
  • Drop & water resistant

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #9 of 15
Sony 55.9mm x 98.9mm x 11.0mm 103 g

Fiio 53.3mm x 92.5mm x 11.5mm 83g

Wow, so it is! I'd say these are about as small as an Android player is going to get to have usable size screen & enough battery.

Only other small device I still use for Spotify offline (no SIM in it and long battery life if only used for music)) is the first gen iPhone SE 128GB (or maybe 64GB will do) 123.8mm 58.6mm 7.6mm 113g. Great sound output too really and plenty of arm-straps designed for it. Pickup cheap 2nd hand.

Or what about an iPod Touch 123mm x 58.6mm x 6.1mm 88g. Should be plenty good enough for Spotify unless you have demanding headphones.

No idea on sound quality but this really is as small as your going to get for offline Spotify with a wired cable I'd say

https://www.mightyaudio.co.uk/products/mighty-vibe

• Plays Spotify & Amazon Music
  • Tiny & lightweight
  • Wireless syncing
  • 5+ hours of playback
  • 1,000+ song storage (8GB)
  • Bluetooth & wired headphones
  • Drop & water resistant
Hi,

I have the Mighty Vibe, but the wired sound is very Bad (very bad).
The Vibe is small, relativily good bluetooth connection (but app connection with the device sucks), but for wired phones the sound is very bad. I am using it with a small Fiio e5 amp (same size of the vibe) to get a better sound, but it is not a pratical solution.
The Fiio m6 would be my option, but is a kind of big for running.

Thanks

Antonio

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 15
Do you have to be wired rather than Bluetooth?

You could have considered a Samsung Watch with 4GB storage dependent on how many tracks you need while running, or even the 4g version to live stream spotify. Plug your headphones into a Fiio BTR3K fed from watch?

May 26, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #11 of 15
Do you have to be wired rather than Bluetooth?

You could have considered a Samsung Watch with 4GB storage dependent on how many tracks you need while running, or even the 4g version to live stream spotify. Plug your headphones into a Fiio BTR3K fed from watch?
For now I would like to use wired phones, as I think would be better quality for now and also more resistant.
I have many wired earphones, Shure, westone, Trs, Kz etc....
Thanks
Antonio

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 15
Hi,
I have the mighty vibe player and for wired phones the sound is very bad.
I am looking for a small Dap with Spotfy. The fiio m6 is a kind of big.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Antonio
Fiio M6 is the smallest andriod DAP which has spotify. I still use mine until now paired to my UTWS5+ikko OH7 iems.

A Sony A105 (plus microSD card) if you can get a none EU version (depending on Headphones/IEM's).

I got around 8-9 hrs battery with offline Spotify with wifi/BT/NFC turned off and using battery optimised settings.
All sony walkmans do not show APTX bluetooth connected once paired even my ZX507, possible they are just normal Bluetooth A2DP codec if your earphones don't support LDAC. APTX/APTXHD do not register during connection unlike fiio's M6 where you can set the codec you want and also all sony sound enhancements do not apply to bluetooth connection.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #14 of 15
All sony walkmans do not support APTX bluetooth codecs even my ZX507, basically they are just normal Bluetooth A2DP codec and also all sony sound enhancements do not apply to bluetooth connection.
He specifically says wired, and I turn all sound enhancements off as sounds great/best without them (for my ears anyway). Bluetooth is LDAC so just about best anyway if you have BT earphones that support LDAC.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #15 of 15
Hi,

I have the Mighty Vibe, but the wired sound is very Bad (very bad).
The Vibe is small, relativily good bluetooth connection (but app connection with the device sucks), but for wired phones the sound is very bad. I am using it with a small Fiio e5 amp (same size of the vibe) to get a better sound, but it is not a pratical solution.
The Fiio m6 would be my option, but is a kind of big for running.

Thanks

Antonio
You're a bit special aren't ya?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back