Slits on Flat pads from Todd's Vinyl? Mine doesnt have them?
Feb 8, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 48
Yeah, this is pretty asinine. Todd's customer service was once again beyond reproach, but do you really need to cry and whine and rip Todd off of $35 because of slits?

Feb 8, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
seriously dudes a thread about slitless flats? You have the time to start a thread about slitless flats to post and read other posts but you can't take a pair of scissors to cut the little slits? Seriously you grado fanboys you need to chill
tongue.gif

I agree with you..

Todd is such a nice dealer that he is taking a loss for this...

I wanna see alot of butt kissing replys soon from you boys and girls!!!!

Feb 9, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Mac
And THIS is why everyone loves Todd. It's a tiny "mistake" that makes no real difference at all, and he's bending over backwards to make it perfect.

All doubters should now report to "The official Tuberoller sanctioned "Todd the Vinyl Junkie" Butt kiss thread" and promptly pucker.
He will then service your slits.
redface.gif

CPW

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
seriously dudes a thread about slitless flats? You have the time to start a thread about slitless flats to post and read other posts but you can't take a pair of scissors to cut the little slits? Seriously you grado fanboys you need to chill
tongue.gif

werent you also the flamatory poster in the other rant thread?
First of all... I did a lot of research before making a decision to spend $35 on FOAM pads.. $35 dollars for 2 FOAM replacement pads.. I dont make much money, I dont have disposable income, $35 would require me to work for hours at my job.

I heard excellent reviews. And decided to give it a go, since the Grados were excessive harsh. and $35 was considered an investment to what may bring the Grados to life. Another thing you misinterpret is, I am NOT a Grado fanboy.. They headphones are too colored for my tastes. And YES, I was disspointed to find out that my pads were not like the ones pictured in every review I read. and if I spent $35 for Grado style flats I expect Grado style flats. $35 might not be a lot of money to you, but I sure will ask why my pads did NOT look like the review flats (expeicially reading a comment on head fi about the slits preventing certain distortion in frequencies), this being my very first time buying Grados and flats, I want to make sure I get the most out of them.

If you take notice, I left this thread alone, and it wasnt until a couple of weeks later I noticed that Todd posted a reply. I didnt demand reimburesment, I didnt even care about the flats anymore, they were out with the garbage because my original Grado experience was so sour.. I took it as a done deal. Then Todd kindly offered me replacement slitted flats, out honest integrity and ethics. I accepted.

They arrived today, and im gonna give em a test drive after the 80s burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

once again I want to confirm, Todd did keep his word and sent out the replacement pads to me free of charge!

Sorry redwing if I came off as harsh, you tipped my kettle a bit. No hard feelings
frown.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Yeah, this is pretty asinine. Todd's customer service was once again beyond reproach, but do you really need to cry and whine and rip Todd off of $35 because of slits?

read the entire thread. thank you. before this, the only customer service I had prior to 2 weeks of waiting for a response and a phone call(made the day I received my first pair of flats) was NOTHING. thanks

but thats moot now since Todd already explained that he was extremely busy with his show. I spoke to him over the phone two days ago for the very first time and resolved some questions.

Obviously you have no intention other then to write a rather offensive comment towards me without understanding the situation. Join the redwing bandwagon!

If this thread does not involve you, and you have nothing to contribute other then to insult, please refrain from posting.

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I agree with you..

Todd is such a nice dealer that he is taking a loss for this...

I wanna see alot of butt kissing replys soon from you boys and girls!!!!

he is a nice dealer. agreed
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
werent you also the flamatory poster in the other rant thread?
First of all... I did a lot of research before making a decision to spend $35 on FOAM pads.. $35 dollars for 2 FOAM replacement pads.. I dont make much money, I dont have disposable income, $35 would require me to work for hours at my job.

I heard excellent reviews. And decided to give it a go, since the Grados were excessive harsh. and $35 was considered an investment to what may bring the Grados to life. Another thing you misinterpret is, I am NOT a Grado fanboy.. They headphones are too colored for my tastes. And YES, I was disspointed to find out that my pads were not like the ones pictured in every review I read. and if I spent $35 for Grado style flats I expect Grado style flats. $35 might not be a lot of money to you, but I sure will ask why my pads did NOT look like the review flats (expeicially reading a comment on head fi about the slits preventing certain distortion in frequencies), this being my very first time buying Grados and flats, I want to make sure I get the most out of them.

If you take notice, I left this thread alone, and it wasnt until a couple of weeks later I noticed that Todd posted a reply. I didnt demand reimburesment, I didnt even care about the flats anymore, they were out with the garbage because my original Grado experience was so sour.. I took it as a done deal. Then Todd kindly offered me replacement slitted flats, out honest integrity and ethics. I accepted.

They arrived today, and im gonna give em a test drive after the 80s burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

once again I want to confirm, Todd did keep his word and sent out the replacement pads to me free of charge!

Sorry redwing if I came off as harsh, you tipped my kettle a bit. No hard feelings
frown.gif

I have no problem with you personally. I understand $35 is alot of money regardless what you spend it on, but there were some other options you could of followed. Let's look at this rationally. Were the pads flats? yes. Did they do what they were intended for? Tame the highs while improving bass response, yes. Did they deviate from what they were designed to do? No.

If you felt that they were overpriced then you could of offered them for sale on the forums. Somebody would of snapped them up me included. If you felt that you might take a hit on these then why didn't you ask for a trade for slitted flats. These are just some of the possible options available to you.
It is not an amp you ordered and it's DOA or a pair of headphones with only one channel working.

If you feel your experience with grado+flats are not to your liking then I will buy them off you. No Questions asked. If we can work out a price together then PM me.

If you find me flammatory then that is not my intent at all. There are 20000 members for this particular site. Guaranteed there is one who you will not agree with or like. It just happens I turn out to be the one. I offer just one opinion out of 20000+ members. You also offer an opinion out of 20000+ members, it's just our opinion is on the opposite side of the spectrum. I like the rs-1's there is at least 10000+ who don't. But I don't find them flammatory because their opiion is different to mine, nor do I dislike them. I just agree to disagree.

Let it go, move on, and maybe we might find an opinion on a different thread that we might agree on.

I honestly don't think I am really that bad, although 20000+ members might disagree with me
rs1smile.gif

Give the grado's+flats a second chance. Post your impressions and thoughts. I would be keen to hear them. Kindest Regards A redwings fan

Feb 10, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #38 of 48
If RnB180 got his pads and everyone's happy I'd say it's time to lock this thread. At this point everything can be done through pms and email.

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #40 of 48
Ah so these are new pads you are making yourself, unlike the original 650, Todd?

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
obviously you have no intention other then to write a rather offensive comment towards me without understanding the situation. Join the redwing bandwagon!

If this thread does not involve you, and you have nothing to contribute other then to insult, please refrain from posting.

you should edit out some of your own remarks before telling others to refrain from posting.

Feb 14, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebonyks
IMO, removing the slits is a great idea and should have been done sooner.

I've got a pair of flat pads from todd, and the pads have torn apart at the slits, causing discomfort and an improper fit. Updating the pad design is a great way to fix this problem

Hell, why not have a vote to just have todd sell flats with no slits? If there's no perceptible difference I honestly don't see the point...

Feb 14, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #43 of 48
They are the original flat pads from the original manufacturer. They forgot to slit some of the pads. The unslit pads are returned for slitting. I do not make them, they are original - not copies or fakes and they are in stock>

Todd

Feb 15, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
They are the original flat pads from the original manufacturer. They forgot to slit some of the pads. The unslit pads are returned for slitting. I do not make them, they are original - not copies or fakes and they are in stock>

Todd

Thank god for that for a split second I thought their was a worldwide counterfeit conspiracy for grado flats. That would of been a worldwide outcry and the world would of approached armeggedon and the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Now I can sleep safely at night.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back