Slim "laptop-type" keyboards
Nov 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #16 of 21
I don't know if they're still in production, but about five years ago, I bought a Coolermaster keyboard. It's slim, has laptop-style keys and an aluminum bezel. Great little keyboard and it has held up well. IIRC, it was about $50. Look around to see if they still make it or if there are a few floating around eBay.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 21
Slim, illuminated keys, more travel than a laptop keyboard. Just went on my X-mas list. Price just dropped too!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ke.../4740&cl=us,en

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitec...ard-15319.html

logitech_eluminated_keyboard_08_thumb.jpg

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #18 of 21
Nov 20, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #20 of 21
I was building a new computer last week and could not find my backup ps2 or usb keyboard, so I ran to Target to get the cheapest thing I could find. Low and behold, the Kensington CI70 was the cheapest thing I could find.

After about 10 minutes of using it for setup, it replaced my 2 year old, behemoth MS bluetooth keyboard and has satisfied my urge to get the diNovo Edge. It really feels a lot like typing on my thinkpad. Mind you, all I was looking for was a small keyboard that was easy to type on, and I never use keyboard multimedia functions so YMMV. For $30 you really cannot go too wrong.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was building a new computer last week and could not find my backup ps2 or usb keyboard, so I ran to Target to get the cheapest thing I could find. Low and behold, the Kensington CI70 was the cheapest thing I could find.

After about 10 minutes of using it for setup, it replaced my 2 year old, behemoth MS bluetooth keyboard and has satisfied my urge to get the diNovo Edge. It really feels a lot like typing on my thinkpad. Mind you, all I was looking for was a small keyboard that was easy to type on, and I never use keyboard multimedia functions so YMMV. For $30 you really cannot go too wrong.

yeaa the CI70 is the older bersion of the CI73 i believe. i just received my order for the CI73 and it is impressive and take up very small space on the desktop. i wish it were illuminated as i feel now one advantage of the previous keyboard g11 was i could use it during my lights out.

I might consider the Saitek Eclipse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back