Slim "laptop-type" keyboards
Nov 17, 2008 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Phantom87

Head-Fier
Nov 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #2 of 21
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by yuckymucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use this at home and at work: Newegg.ca - Logitech 967557-0403 Silver/Black 104 Normal Keys 14 Function Keys USB + PS/2 RF Wireless Slim Cordless Desktop S 510 - Keyboards

I don't use the mouse that comes with it but I love the keyboard. I think that the throw on the keys is a bit longer then most laptops though.

I have been thinking about picking up one of these though to replace it: Newegg.com - Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard - Keyboards

Wireless keyboards arent ok with me anymore and that illuminated keyboard just seems like a regular keyboard. thanks for the reply though.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 21
I know you said you don't like wireless but the Logitech DiNovo edge uses Bluetooth and the battery lasts about 3 months on one charge. Plus it has a sweet docking station and just looks very slick on your desk.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 21
Slim basic keyboard I liked was the Logitech Ultra X.. nice but not too strudy.. I broke mine pretty easy trying to remove a key to get a crumb wedged under it. The key went back on eventually but never worked quite right after.. before that i loved it.. but it kind soured me on it that is was so fagile.

Right now i have the new Microsoft Media 3000 wired keyboard.. Pretty slim, with a nice quiet keyboard.. not quite like a laptop though..

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 21
Apple keyboard FTW!
biggrin.gif

More seriously, the Logitech DiNovo stuff is really good. Better than the Apple keyboards, which I think are a little too "shallow", if you know what I mean.

Nov 17, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 21
I second the dinovo series. I got one, they mimic laptop style keyboards pretty good. The battery life is great too, I use mine everyday and changed the batteries twice the last 15 months. Got anything against wireless keyboards?

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #10 of 21
Laptop keyboards are the most unergonomic keyboards, ever. You may be used to them, but that doesn't mean you should continue using them.

I would seriously get a cheap IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer, or an expensive Das Keyboard III. They're much better to type on, they're more comfortable, and they should let you type faster.

Otherwise that ergonomic nightmare that is the Apple Keyboard IS a laptop keyboard.

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 21
I'd recommend that one:
Cherry eVolution STREAM Corded MultiMedia Keyboard: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Not sure if you can get it in Canada easily, though.

It's cheap, it's slim, it's reliable and it's laptop-stile. Oh, and it's quiet, which was quite important for me. I did the same switch from laptop to desktop (well, not switch, I use both now), but I hated typing on a normal keyboard, let alone the noise it procuced.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microsoft Comfort Curve has laptop style tactile response, if you get used to laptop keyboard this is the one you should try
Newegg.com - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 B2L-00047 Black 105 Normal Keys 9 Function Keys USB Ergonomics Keyboard - Keyboards

I don't have that one but I have the other microsoft with labtop style keys. I must say the keys are very tactile and not too loud. I was never a super fast typer, but it really helped improved my typing speed, immensely. I wouldn't call it slim though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back