Slight difference in sounds of left and right speakers of Audio Technica ATH-m50
May 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jahmed1

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am fairly very very new to audiophile stuff, but I'm really really eager! As a starter, I searched a bit and bought Audio Technica m50 this February...
The headphones sound perfectly fine, but I just took off one ear, and listened from each ear-piece seperately. I found that the sound in right speaker is slightly more warm, bassy, while the sound in left earpiece is a bit sharp and tinny. It doesn't sound bad at all, but i just noticed this. and the difference is although very notable, it is not that huge.

I listen to music on full volume nearly all the time. Is it a common thing in all headphones, or just m50, or mine are starting to wear out?

thanks

May 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 3
You can confirm our disconfirm this by listening to it whilst wearing it backwards.

Drivers are matched within certain tolerances. Each company sets standards for itself.

It's also not uncommon for sound to be very slightly louder on the left side, where the cable enters.

May 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 3
I did a driver mismatch test with mine. The left and right did not match. But flipping them around it was the same, my ears just are a bit mismatched, not the headphone drivers; this could be the case for you as well. Is this for a specific song, or is it a problem for every song?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back