Sleepytime (OuCH!)
Sep 7, 2002 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 14
I was JUST about to ask that!

i was thinking some of the Koss ear buds, cheap and sound pretty nice, small enough to wear in bed. but they can fall out... so what about something like the ones Cmoy modded with the ear plugs?

I would say that the Etymotic ER-6's would be great for this
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 14
You need something indestructible -- DT770's!

Sep 7, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 14
While I'm actually kind of opposed to the idea of going to sleep while listening to music (if you fall asleep while listening to a piece of music, what does that say about the *quality* of that music?), I actually, for practical reasons (I live in a noisy apartment) sleep while wearing a pair of Koss The Plug earbuds. They work pretty well, and I can actually even lay on my side if I'm careful.

But I make very certain not to listen to good music while I'm sleeping. I once saw a CD called Bedtime Beethoven. Can you believe that? If old Ludwig van were alive to see that I bet you he'd be pretty pissed. I mean, what are we saying by marketing a CD like that? "This music is guaranteed to make you fall asleep!" Talk about a slap in the face.
wink.gif

Anyway, I listen to minimalist music (Phillip Glass, Steve Reich, Terry Riley, etc, etc) while I sleep, which goes along with what I was saying earlier, i.e., I'm certain not to listen to "good' music while I sleep.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 7, 2002 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 14
I go to bed with my rs-1's hehe. I fall asleep with them on a lot too. Luckily I rarely move when I sleep.
wink.gif

Biggie.

Sep 8, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 14
best buy?

aiwa hp600

senn mx500/400

sony ex70

sony e888

i sometimes fall asleep listening to trance at night. i have wierd dreams when that happens.

Sep 8, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
So, what's the best earbud that i can just walk into Best Buy and get?

Haha... it depends on which state your particular Best Buy superstore is located at. Unfortunately, the ones in the Chicagoland area don't sell anything better than mediocre in the earbud category.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back