Sleeping with headphones on
Apr 7, 2006 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

scottymac

Head-Fier
sorry if this is a bit unrelated. will sleeping with headphones on (laying down on your side) risk bending/snapping headphones? any other problems? i got my senn hd555s today
k1000smile.gif
and i rested my head on a pillow, and it was not uncomfortable at all. this will be great for when i want to listen to sleep-aid cds, which utilize binaural beats that are only effective when listening to headphones. i dont think that i could snap the hd555s, but i thought i should ask anyways.

Apr 7, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I fall asleep with my HD580's all the time. So far they have survived.

Garrett

DO you roll around while they are still on? Did that compress your pads? I think mine have cos my ears(have thos Will Smith kind of ears) now touch the foam which they didn't before. The rubbing now redden my ears and itch.
confused.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 48
I've fallen asleep with a pair of Stax on. Their box-like qualities doesn't let me turn over, so I don't end up crushing them. Although, I do dislike waking up with the cord wrapped behind my neck somehow.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 48
I've never gone to sleep with headphones on deliberately, normally ill be listening to an audiobook or whatever and just doze off. No harm done yet.

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 48
lol yeah, every time I sleep with my IEMs on, my mom wakes me up early all panicky because somehow the cord gets wrapped around my neck. Guess we all have our suicidal tendencies
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 48
Fell asleep today with my 580's on.......no harm done.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
i like to sleep on my side, so i haven't been able to fall asleep with them on (cans)

same here, its just so uncomfortable laying my head on my pillow sidewasy while having headphones on, especially my bigger phones, ill try with my 580s tonight and get back to ya. *my koss 75s are nice and comfy to sleep on my side, but i dont wanna break them, and they have a nasty habit of the ear wrap things popping off. but theyre only 20 bucks
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 48
All the time. I can fall asleep wearing any phones; Sony MDR-7506 (full size) Koss clip ons and IEMs.

My current choice for sleeping is the koss. Since it's quiet already, the extra isolation of a closed can or IEM is actually a little weird when you're trying to sleep. Plus I wanna be able to wake up when the alarm goes off.
rolleyes.gif
Ok not really..but thats an odd excuse I'd just rather not get into with the boss! heh

Oh and the KSC-75's are cheap and supposedly the cables a bit delicate. So if I strangle myself, hopefully they will break before my neck does and I'll survive.
biggrin.gif
E4C's would shurely kill me.

So no, i don't think you'll have a problem wearing most headphones to sleep. There are a few exceptions out there, like my super.fi 5 pro which stick out far enough that they are uncomfortable but not impossible to fall asleep with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back