Sleek cables quality issues - again
May 18, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jason and Mark are actually heading to China at the end of this week to visit our manufacturer and get it on the move. Which, unfortunately, is why we are going to be missing CanJam this year.

So that means the cables won't be available anytime soon. I guess that I won't be ordering any Sleeks for a quite a while.

May 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jason and Mark are actually heading to China at the end of this week to visit our manufacturer and get it on the move. Which, unfortunately, is why we are going to be missing CanJam this year.

Hi Andrew,

Are you planning on offering multiple options to your customers (i.e. several types of cables, with different prices and quality)?

Thanks

S.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #19 of 28
Next week we will be receiving the new cables. So we are anticipating sending them out the latter of next week.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 28
how much will they retail for as a separate item? I think that I will probably want one.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much will they retail for as a separate item? I think that I will probably want one.

The cables will sell for the exact same price it currently is on our website

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #23 of 28
I just got my new cable and the main difference is they changed it from a 90 degree mini plug to a straight. Also the Y-split is now a black cylinder. I have one for sale and a pic if your interested check my sig
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #25 of 28
I received my new sleek replacment cable this saturday.

It's a better quality, but I wouldn't call it sturdy. Very thin.
To my ears the sound has even improved a little.

I've already had to super glue the metal cover at the minijack connector since it came off when pulling at it. I don't know if it's me, but I've had many other headphones with no cable issues at all (like UM2s).

I would still like to call on Sleek Audio to make their connectors available to others to make hi-quality cables for us nerds.

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #26 of 28
I think that the new cable is from the manufacturer of the iphone cable, it is very thin and very flexible my experience with it, is that it collect less cable noise than the original câble.
the iphone cable was asymmetric the reg cable is symmetric

Time will tell how reliable it is
smily_headphones1.gif

I had many earphone with cable issue actually the n°1 reason to change earphone was that the cable broke, that's annoying on a 40$ and even more on a 400$ piece.

That said as far a I can tell westone makes the most reliable earphone

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 28
Seriously for me the main prob with the sleek cable (4 in one year) is that they all brake at the plug that connect to the earphone. Well they dont really brake they just stop transmitting sound (if you play at bit with the cable you can make them sound again for a short amount of time...). The last one did completely break tough on one ear
ph34r.gif
, leaving the connection and the iem in my ear while i was only trying to remove it and the cable just fell, perfectly cut away from his connector...
icon10.gif
for precision i always pull them from as close as possible to the iem to dont put too much tension on the cable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back