Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
May 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
A fun sale for the adventurous ! I have a box FULL of fun headphone related stuff. It will consist of all sorts of things, cables, earpads, headbands, and who knows what else I can think of. Your price is $100 shipped, and you MAY NOT ask me what is in it, but I absolutely guarantee the contents will be worth far more than what you are paying. One hint I will provide is that an LCD-2 owner might be the most excited on opening it :D

PayPal only, USA only.

May 15, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 13

Silent One

What silence said... then nothing.
Fascinating!
popcorn.gif

May 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 13

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
Box is sold!

May 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 13

CosaNostra

100+ Head-Fier
It was I the evil CosaNostra that won the mystery box. 

I had a difficult choice between a boat and mystery box. Now the boat is just a boat, but the mystery box could be anything...even a boat!

I don't have a good video camera, but I'll post up pics for all you curious folks out there.

May 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #10 of 13

sridhar3

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
It was I the evil CosaNostra that won the mystery box. 

I had a difficult choice between a boat and mystery box. Now the boat is just a boat, but the mystery box could be anything...even a boat!

I don't have a good video camera, but I'll post up pics for all you curious folks out there.

Awesome.  Congrats!  I hope it's a boat.

May 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #12 of 13

CosaNostra

100+ Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Lets run through the pop culture references first - When I first saw this I remembered the Family Guy ep where Peter had to choose between a boat and a box. Then I remembered the Futurama episode where Farnsworth created a box with a parallel universe. Lastly, I remembered Pandora's box and how it made Kratos into a god. Well unfortunately Skylab's box wasn't a boat, it wasn't the gateway to a parallel universe and it didn't make me a god.[/size]

[size=10pt]What it did have is this stuff:[/size]

[size=10pt]Some very nice add-ons for my LCD2 - A headphile leather covering for the headband, 2 spare headbands, a balanced cable terminated to XLR, a single ended cable.[/size]
[size=10pt]Some nice add ons for my Woody Magnums: G-Cush pads, Flat pads and Woo Audio Stand[/size]
[size=10pt]Miscellaneous parts: Beyer DT770 80 ohm drivers, DT990 600 ohm single driver, a bunch of high quality interconnects for a home rig, an ALO LOD, Ipod Dock, couple small cases, HE5 cable (looks like the thin and silver cable that came with the original HE5)[/size]

[size=10pt]Certainly a very generous offering by Skylab. While the LCD2 add ons were very nice especially the leather headband given that my Rev 1 has just the stock metal headband, the Grado ones surprised me the most and have made my magnums very versatile, especially since I already have a leather'd up G-cush and some "MS-Ulti" spacers courtesy of stratocaster (who also made and sold the custom magnums to me). Well I hope this quenches the curiosity of those interested.[/size]

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #13 of 13

Silent One

What silence said... then nothing.
smiley_thumb.gif
 I'm a little late to the party. As the images of the contents themselves were returned to the box. 
rolleyes.gif
 And that's ok, CN did a nice job of disclosure. What's more, I think Skylab did a creative job of getting our interests. Looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread