Skullcandy
Feb 20, 2011 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

rararasputin

New Head-Fier
Audiophiles: Ugh, why do all kids wear Skullcandies, do they just go for the looks and not the sound quality?

Aviators come out, with excellent sound quality from what I've heard.

Audiophiles: OMG I cant be seen wearing that ridiculous brand name & logo!!!

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 21
Skullcandy used to be the big thing before beats. I think they're so famous because there's so many designs and colors. The aviators are probably out of their price range and they don't think they look too good. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 21
If Skullcandy comes out with a headphone that sounds good, I'm interested. I don't care about brands, I care about good sound. If it sounds good, I'll buy it and recommend it. Same goes for Bose and Monster. Make a good headphone and you'll be praised for it.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 21
I'd rather have my grado 125i's for the same price then those aviators anyday. Same goes with m50's, sennheisers and everything in between.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 21
skullcandy was a bottom of the barrel snowboarding label before they made headphones so I find it ridiculous that everyone thinks they are like top tier audio quality when a Skullcandy bored would snap in half as the meer sight of a grind. not to mention that the "color scheme" as some would call it is about the equivalent to a 70's abstract art piece that the artist suffered a massive brain aneurysm and dropped his pain everywhere and some ones like" WOW THAT'S REALLY ABSTRACT AND UGLY, IT MUST BE WORTH SOMETHING!!!!"

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 21
I enjoy that art though. It's like Sunn O))) though. You don't get it...till you get it. Then your obsessed. Skullcandy isn't this way obviously, just mearly an observation

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
Audiophiles: Ugh, why do all kids wear Skullcandies, do they just go for the looks and not the sound quality?

Aviators come out, with excellent sound quality from what I've heard.

Audiophiles: OMG I cant be seen wearing that ridiculous brand name & logo!!!

What was even the point of this post, might I ask?

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #10 of 21
goddang,  what was the point of THAT comment?

OH search function. As if they didn't know before?

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #11 of 21
Unfortunately, I'll be stuck with a pair of skullcandy earbuds for a while, but since I am not yet used to audiophile-level headphones, I won't be suffering too much... 

The new Aviators look nice, but I don't think that I'll ever be reeled in again- I'll stick with a more reliable company, with the advice of head-fi, of course.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'll be stuck with a pair of skullcandy earbuds for a while, but since I am not yet used to audiophile-level headphones, I won't be suffering too much... 

The new Aviators look nice, but I don't think that I'll ever be reeled in again- I'll stick with a more reliable company, with the advice of head-fi, of course.

Welcome to head-fi! And fear not, you'll be taking out a loan soon enough for some proper headphones. And your wallet will cry.

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #15 of 21
They are right about the wallet thing it will suffer greatly. I just bought what could be considered midrange phones and spent over $200 so prepare for ramen once you hear good phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back