Skullcandy...
Oct 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

rararasputin

New Head-Fier
Yes, I'm fully aware that Skullcandies are crap. You don't need to tell me. But which ones are the LEAST crappy? I have 90 CAD store credit, Hesh are 80, G.I. are 100, Ti are 100, Agents are 70, and Skullcrushers I can get on sale for 73. Which ones? I had Hesh before... they weren't THAT bad, and they all do have lifetime warranty, which is good cause I tend to break crap. Which ones? I'm thinking Hesh or Skullcrushers... Oh and I listen to almost all genres of music, if that helps. How crappy do Skullcrushers sound with the amp thing turned off?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 32
Why do you have the store credit in the first place may I ask? Did you get it because you previously bought headphones from them?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 32
Yeah, I bought some Hesh used off ebay a few years ago (not for 90 bucks thank god). They've broken like 5 times since then, I'm scared to buy any real headphones that I'll break them and they won't have lifetime warranty. Anyways which ones are the least crappy?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 32
IMHO you should buy the most demanded headphone, and the one that will sell for the most. Order it, do not open it but just sell it. Use the money you have made to get a much better sounding headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I bought some Hesh used off ebay a few years ago (not for 90 bucks thank god). They've broken like 5 times since then, I'm scared to buy any real headphones that I'll break them and they won't have lifetime warranty. Anyways which ones are the least crappy?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 32
SKullcandy Break all the time, too. But still you have to treat you headphones Nicely. Buy SKullcandy Titans, FOr 30$  Not bad. Or Aviators

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 32
There are many, one thing Skullcandy does not offer is a lifetime hearing ability
tongue.gif
. I take that back there are few, but most headphones suggested here are built to last.

Quote:
Do you know any other companies that offer a lifetime warranty?

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 32
What are some of them? And what are the best headphones from them? I think I'll buy some Skullcrushers because they're like 30 bucks off, use em till I break em, and then send them back and see if they forget about the sale and give me full 100 dollar credit back. Then get some new headphones and sell them, then get some real headphones. Skullcandies headphones may be crap but they do have some quality customer service. They just randomly gave me like 10 bucks store credit for no reason.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #10 of 32
If you try something as simple as a Koss Portapro (Yes, they are ugly) they will take your skullcandy's out of the water, blast them around 15 stories above the ground. And will remain there until your listening is done.

Quote:
What are some of them? And what are the best headphones from them? I think I'll buy some Skullcrushers because they're like 30 bucks off, use em till I break em, and then send them back and see if they forget about the sale and give me full 100 dollar credit back. Then get some new headphones and sell them, then get some real headphones. Skullcandies headphones may be crap but they do have some quality customer service. They just randomly gave me like 10 bucks store credit for no reason.

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #11 of 32
Skullcrushers are just terrible. can't you buy something OTHER than SC>?

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #12 of 32
I work at a store that sells Skullcandy, and they are complete garbage. We offer extended warranties on our headphones/earbuds, and I'll tell you right now that I always push it the hardest for Skullcandy products - they break as often, or more, than our cheap house brand stuff. Whenever I do warranty replacements, Skullcandy products are probably replaced at least two or three times as often as JVC, Sony, Panasonic, etc. and we don't exactly carry great options from those companies either.

I can understand the fear and desire for a lifetime warranty, but I can also tell you that not buying a terrible product will help you in the long-run. My Sennheiser earpuds have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty that is nearly finished and I have yet to replace them. Compare that to my friend who replaced his Skullcandy earbuds 5 times during the 3 month warranty ...

Invest in a good company/product, take care of your phones, and you'll be much happier. Plus you'll get better SQ.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #14 of 32
never trust a company with a name like "skullcandy". It's like they are trying to be cool with a name like that, while everyone knows they are not.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 32
Skullcandys do not have quality service, I ordered some hesh before I discovered this site and they were the worst sounding headphones I have ever heard, the most painful and they were obviously cheaply built. I sent them back for a refund, they charged us shipping and then refused the refund and sent some more back. Like I always say just the fact that they are willing to give half off any product if you send them another one broke, even if you break it. So you get $10 earbuds, snap the cable and get half off a $140 headphone, and yet they still make over $60 on it I bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back