Skullcandy??
Apr 17, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #16 of 38
Don't get him Skullcandy phones. They have bass, bass and more bass. Nothing else. -_-; So unless he's a huge basshead, there are better alternatives like the Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506.

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #19 of 38
even if they have a lot of bass, they still sound like they are coming from a cows ass.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 38
Come on guys, the SKullCandy's are so cool, they are definitly worth some tinkering to make them sing....

All you have to do is get a pair of $15 KSC-75, take out the KSC drivers and put them into the SkullCandy
280smile.gif
well, I wouldn't consider the end result "optimized" or "acustically tuned" but after that $15 driver transplant the Candy's will definitly sound a lot better
very_evil_smiley.gif
to match their cool looks....

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even if they have a lot of bass, they still sound like they are coming from a cows ass.

lol priceless

There are two kids in my school with skullcandy's. One of them didn't even know what they were called and had to refer to the headband when I aksed him about them.

He then said "yeah their great because I turn them up real loud with out blowing the speakers".
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol priceless

There are two kids in my school with skullcandy's. One of them didn't even know what they were called and had to refer to the headband when I aksed him about them.

He then said "yeah their great because I turn them up real loud with out blowing the speakers".
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Just as bad are those that use the iBuds and are plugged into their iPod with that distorting and crappy bass booster EQ setting.

Skullcandys sound like plugging in any of my 'phones into my normal source and taking the bass to +20 db and the treble to -20db.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, since the ksc75 drivers are meant to be open, i'm pretty sure they won't sound good in a skullcandy frame.

I heard putting them in a closed phone increased the bass. I guess kramer mod plus closed phones cancel each other out?

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, since the ksc75 drivers are meant to be open, i'm pretty sure they won't sound good in a skullcandy frame.

How so? a driver is a driver, there is not open or close driver. The Koss GT-5 and SportaPro use the same driver, the Sporta is an open and the GT-5 is a semi-closed. GT-5 sound really good, the oval case gives deeper bass than the sporta. My GT-5's driver is now installed into Sony CDV-180 housing, still sound really good, better than my iGrado's. Now why did I put the Koss driver into a Sony? I wanted a set of closed phones and the CDV-180 is closed, and very very comfortable.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't see why the KSC driver can't make the SkullCandy's sound at least "acceptablely good".

Apr 17, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard putting them in a closed phone increased the bass. I guess kramer mod plus closed phones cancel each other out?

My experience with the Sony CDV-180 housing was just the opposite. Somehow that housing make it less bassy. The original replacement driver candidates were the Grado drivers, I bought the iGrado solely for that purpose, since according to Grado, the iGrado uses SR-60 drivers. Well, while the iGrado have adequate bass, the CDV-180 + Grado driver combo didn't have enough bass anymore. So I took the drivers out of my Koss GT-5 (deep bass) and put them into the Sony. Now them sound good.

The main problem with the Koss --> CDV-180 transplant is CDV-180 housing has a rather large cavity and the wall was pretty thin, that made the phones sound kind of echoy. to solve this problem, some sound absorbing material had to be put in, but that also absorbs the bass away. The Candy's housing is smaller, so I would guess they won't have as much a problem with the transplant....
rolleyes.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, they look extremely gaudy, but in the realm of teenagers they look freaken awesome and all the ladies will want you. However, being a member of that group, I find them very ugly and they are probably really chincy and cheaply made, the 595 is just so much more classy while retaining more style than say the 650 or 580.

I'm 17 and I find those to be uglier than a fat chick eating a calzone. And I find the SR80s on my head to be very sexy. And I think others would agree.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #29 of 38
I like calzones too. I should have re-phrased that: fat chicks eating school calzones. Anyway, they really look like something an astronaut would wear - in a bad way. They look big and white and overly puffy. And with lots of weird plastic things jutting out.

Apr 17, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #30 of 38
I would never put KSC75's into a skullcandy. I mean, it's embarrasing walking around with skullcandy's on your head!!!! I would put them into TOTALLY unknown headhones if I were to do it. Actually, that sounded like a good idea.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back