SkullCandy Skullcrusher - worth a punt?
Jul 6, 2008 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

matt_wants

Head-Fier
I did a quick search, didn't find too much on SkullCandy on the first couple of pages. These Skullcrushers come with an in-line bass amplifier and just for that, they sound intriguing. I'm not expecting brilliance, obviously, but for the few rap playlists I have, do you think they'd be worth a go at £35? I do like bass and whilst I fully expect it to be a corrupting influence in these, well at £36 what the heck! It'd be quite nice to have a few cheap pairs around for different moods, too.

So, Anyone got them or tried them out?

Matt

Skullcandy Skullcrushers 3.5mm Headphones

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 23
I wouldn't want something that is advertised to crush my skull
frown.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 23
I just bought a set for £4.99 on UK eBay, after seeing how well regarded they are, so thanks for the tip!

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 23
The 890s were the best I've owned so far and my mum tripped on the lead one day when they were connected to the computer and the pin broke - fortunately it didn't get stuck in the computer's socket. I couldn't find a new lead and whilst I found a 2.5mm connector, it didn't fit the specific shape to hold it in place. It worked for about 6 months and then they'd start cutting out until they stopped working properly. A shame as they were so comfortable.

Jul 6, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 23
I have the wrong cable too for my 890. The store had lost the original cable. But I still have my two year warranty when they break.

I find them hard to beat for the 40 euros I paid though. They are for sale now and then, so I suppose you could find a new pair if you wait around. (Or, you could spend more, and gett better cans...)

Jul 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #10 of 23
I'd give them a try. I've used the SkullCandy earphones and they sound great(for the price).

If you find a good deal, go for it. Some may be put off by the price, but it's all up to your ears.

Jul 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #12 of 23
If by "worth a punt" you mean "drop-kick them over the fence and into the neighbor's yard", then I'd say yes, they are worth a punt.

Jul 6, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If by "worth a punt" you mean "drop-kick them over the fence and into the neighbor's yard", then I'd say yes, they are worth a punt.

Agreed
winkphones.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by espire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass-bost EQ option on your iPod is much cheaper than £36.

Really? On all four iPods I've owned, it does nothing but cause the music to clip. Then again, that would have been when using 128 kbps files, so I've kinda answered my own question there!

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by espire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass-bost EQ option on your iPod is much cheaper than £36.

When the "sub" on the Crushers is turned off, it actually has no bass to speak of. When it's on, it just vibrates.

If you want the same effect, wire up some N64 Rumble Paks to cheapo 'phones. Actually, depending on the phones, that might sound better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back