SkullCandy Hesh Review Video, Done by HeadFi Noob.
Oct 5, 2010 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DarkAura126

New Head-Fier
Greetings my new comrades.

I have posted a review on YouTube on my Skullcany Hesh headphones.  The reason being is because I bought my Audio-Technica M50s and they are on their way.  The video itself is my fair review of them, and then my rage about them afterwards.  If you wish to view it here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXlqiczKkcE

I will also be posting a review of my new M50s after I get them.  I will post another thread for when I do that particular review.  Happy viewing folks!

DarkAura

P.S. Video contains a couple swear words.... viewer beware.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 13
Normally I hate video reviews of headphones but that one was actually done reasonably well. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 13
Good review. Skull Candy is not something we should talk about it here due to its "quality"
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 13
Nice review!

I had a pair of Skullcandy Hesh headphones for like...a day about two and a half years ago. Bought them for $50 from Best Buy before I knew any better in regards to good sound. The instant I put them on and started listening to music, I knew something was wrong. Muddy, overpowered bass, grainy, lifeless mids and highs...ugh. Just like you said, the build quality was crap to me, even after owning them for only a few hours and the sound quality was mediocre at best so I didn't want to take a chance and end up stuck with them. I took them back the very next day and ordered myself a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros.

Now, I have a pair of M50s and I love them and you should like them too.

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 13
Good review. I always like watching/reading headphone reviews, even if the headphones themselves are not so good. I'll have to check out your M50 review when you get 'em.
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Nice review!

I had a pair of Skullcandy Hesh headphones for like...a day about two and a half years ago. Bought them for $50 from Best Buy before I knew any better in regards to good sound. The instant I put them on and started listening to music, I knew something was wrong. Muddy, overpowered bass, grainy, lifeless mids and highs...ugh. Just like you said, the build quality was crap to me, even after owning them for only a few hours and the sound quality was mediocre at best so I didn't want to take a chance and end up stuck with them. I took them back the very next day and ordered myself a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros.

Now, I have a pair of M50s and I love them and you should like them too.

Thank you for the compliment.  I hope I shall love the M50s...... I was just informed that it's up to me to pay customs. 
confused_face.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Good review. I always like watching/reading headphone reviews, even if the headphones themselves are not so good. I'll have to check out your M50 review when you get 'em.
biggrin.gif

Thanks.  I hope you do check out my review on the M50s.  There will probably be an unboxing/first impressions video, and then a review after they're burned in.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 13
Thanks for the review. I'm admittedly not as hardcore as some people here when it comes to high end headphones. I think that Hesh can be suitable for the average joe who's looking for something affordable. I would definitely only buy Skullcandy stuff online, though, where it's much cheaper if you can get free shipping.

I agree that the prices at the big electronics and department stores are too much for most of their models.

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 13
I wouldn't touch Skullcandies. For 30 dollars you could get Sennheiser PX-100's, or even KSC75s.

Skullcandy is marketed toward people who care about style, not sound.

Also: don't resurect a dead thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back