Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket.
May 17, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 31
May 17, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednInsane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'll be waiting for your review....

someone that haven't heard good IEMs/headphones can't write a good review because he doesn't know or it sounds good or not

May 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #24 of 31
@mierenneuker: Ok, I guess I am waiting for his opinion on the skull candy.

@thedauntlessone: so it's a fact, all skull candy audio equipment ever produce and will produce is not going to be amazing. They are just an audio company doom to fail in the audiophile's circle?

Guys, OP is excited he gets a new phone, I am sure you all have felt that before. How would you guys feel if you guys go to skullcandy's forum and then they bash your headphone. Isn't this what head-fi supposed to be? a forum for audio equipment even if that audio equipment is not up to par to some of yous' standard? or is head-fi a forum for audio equipment except Bose, SkullCandy, etc? besides...how many of you actually heard SkullCandy's Full Metal Jacket?

My point is OP is excited about his new purchase, and he asked if we think it's any good...we can say it is or it is not, but do not insult the OP himself; That has nothing to do with the product that he bought or the opinion that he asked from us. Let's all be happy for him, after all even if he regrets (or not regret) his purchase, it is still NOT YOUR money that was spent.

May 17, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 31
Wow, I love how someone is branded a "troll" because they like Skullcandy. Nobody's ears are the same. One headphone may sound good to one person and sound like total crap to another.

Please, do post a review once they come.

May 17, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednInsane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mierenneuker: Ok, I guess I am waiting for his opinion on the skull candy.

@thedauntlessone: so it's a fact, all skull candy audio equipment ever produce and will produce is not going to be amazing. They are just an audio company doom to fail in the audiophile's circle?

Guys, OP is excited he gets a new phone, I am sure you all have felt that before. How would you guys feel if you guys go to skullcandy's forum and then they bash your headphone. Isn't this what head-fi supposed to be? a forum for audio equipment even if that audio equipment is not up to par to some of yous' standard? or is head-fi a forum for audio equipment except Bose, SkullCandy, etc? besides...how many of you actually heard SkullCandy's Full Metal Jacket?

My point is OP is excited about his new purchase, and he asked if we think it's any good...we can say it is or it is not, but do not insult the OP himself; That has nothing to do with the product that he bought or the opinion that he asked from us. Let's all be happy for him, after all even if he regrets (or not regret) his purchase, it is still NOT YOUR money that was spent.

Agreed. My first first IEMish earbuds are skullcandies INK'D. I thought they were a huge improvement from the ones i used before. And for $9.99, you can't go wrong. However they broke, a problem i found out plagues a lot of Skullcandies. I tried my friend's full metal jacket and more or less to me it sounds the same maybe slightly better but defiantly not worth the extra $30 for it. Then I moved on to the Sennhessier CX300 and wow... the difference was HUGE. I know they aren't the best but really compared to Skullcandies there was no competition. The bass was no longer thick and muddy, it was more punchy and accurate. They sound closer to my ATH-A700 though obviously not as good. So these people aren't lying that skullcandies are pretty bad especially for the price, but after you hear some good sounds you'll never go back to crappy muddy sounds again. If you do like bass, I recently gotten some monster turbines and they are REALLY heavy but clean with bass.

May 18, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #27 of 31
All the skullcandy phones I've tried have all had way too much overpowering bass for my liking, and that's compared to my Atrio M5s, the bass kings.
For $50 you could get the NE-7M which is guarenteed to sound better than anything else for the price with the exception of the Yuin PK2/3 (but you don't want buds.) But tv most important thing is, if you're happy with what you have, so be it, it's nobody else's business to push you along and make you spend more money. However, since there are so many good alternatives in that price range with much better value, it would have been wise to check up are first. There are thousands of 'what IEM should I get for under $50' threads floating around.

May 18, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*sniff sniff* I smell a troll

Agreed... why would you start a thread about this deliberately on head-fi?

But congrats on your purchase? Hope you enjoy it.
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #29 of 31
Skullcandy's new 'audiophile' line:

AUDIOPHILE
The return you’ll get, in terms of cred, on your investment in an AUDIOPHILE COLLECTION headphone supersedes the modest price of admission into the elite circle of connoisseurs. Your peers will spend less time clowning your taste in music and more time coveting your Skullcandy.

dB Collection - Skullcandy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back