Skullcandy aviator vs ue 4000
Jan 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mpawluk91

1000+ Head-Fier
My little bro plans on getting the ue4000 or the skullcandy aviator headphones. Mostly skullcandy sucks but the aviators are the first actually good ones believe it or not lol. They're both around 100 bucks and If anyone here has listened to both I'd love to hear ur comparison. I just bought the ue 6000 for myself and I love them

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 18
Hello!

I think the UE4000 sound best for under $100. The details are excellent. UE6000 lacks some mids but UE4000 did best on that FR. Although the highs sound artificial a lil :)

Billson :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 18
I thought the mids were great on the ue6000

To me, no. It has recessed mids but it sound better than ATH-M50 with wider soundstage, better control bass & also cleaner. UE6000 has really clean sound, great bass punch, & pretty much what most modern people looking for. It has a v-shape sound.

Where as UE4000 are more focused on details and mids. Bass punch are slightly less. Highs are again, artificial. UE6000 has better highs but I prefer UE4000 over UE6000 mainly because I love mids.

May I know what types of music do your brother listen to? If it's mostly house music, The HD439 are pretty good if he prefers over-ear better :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 18
To me, no. It has recessed mids but it sound better than ATH-M50 with wider soundstage, better control bass & also cleaner. UE6000 has really clean sound, great bass punch, & pretty much what most modern people looking for. It has a v-shape sound.

Where as UE4000 are more focused on details and mids. Bass punch are slightly less. Highs are again, artificial. UE6000 has better highs but I prefer UE4000 over UE6000 mainly because I love mids.

May I know what types of music do your brother listen to? If it's mostly house music, The HD439 are pretty good if he prefers over-ear better :)
Over ear or on ear and listens to heavy metal, also I have rockbox so is there anyway to get more mids with out touching the eq?

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 18
Over ear or on ear and listens to heavy metal, also I have rockbox so is there anyway to get more mids with out touching the eq?

Hmm...I am not sure as I am not familiar with rockbox since non of my device can run that software...but if you have android or iOS device, you can try using Denon Club. It has build in EQ there. Very easy & nice to use.

Best headphone for heavy metal rock are Grado but it leaks sound! It's completely open. I think the HD439 work better for you... I'm not sure what heavy rock are more focused in as I listen wide genres of music without knowing much on what they are more focused in. HD439 has some real good drums sound. :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 18
Hmm...I am not sure as I am not familiar with rockbox since non of my device can run that software...but if you have android or iOS device, you can try using Denon Club. It has build in EQ there. Very easy & nice to use.

Best headphone for heavy metal rock are Grado but it leaks sound! It's completely open. I think the HD439 work better for you... I'm not sure what heavy rock are more focused in as I listen wide genres of music without knowing much on what they are more focused in. HD439 has some real good drums sound. :)
I solved my mids problem it's perfect now, he listens to pantera and slipknot stuff like that. It's pretty hardcore and definetly puts speakers through they're paces

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #13 of 18
true. never a fan of bass-overpowering headphones
and aftermarket cables for ue4000 starts very cheap

According to my friend who cares about car technology, audio to be specific and own a pair of Aviator. He told me that the bass are that strong as others from Skullcandies. It too has better controls.

UE4000 blue colored cable look awesome & you won't feel like changing it. Trust me :cool:

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #14 of 18
According to my friend who cares about car technology, audio to be specific and own a pair of Aviator. He told me that the bass are that strong as others from Skullcandies. It too has better controls.

UE4000 blue colored cable look awesome & you won't feel like changing it. Trust me :cool:

I love the blue cable and already have one actually on my ue 6000 I just need one to use so I don't ruin the blue one

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #15 of 18

Yeah, the blue cables looks great. But just incase u know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back