1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by gnarlsagan, Jun 27, 2013.
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last
  1. anetode
    Because some idiots will spite-report any sound science post they don't bother putting the effort into understanding. Or maybe some mod didn't have their coffee yet, who knows.

2. headwhacker

Most likely than not [​IMG]

3. bigshot
    We all know the source of it

gikigill likes this.
  4. vid

Guy's trolling. Besides, he wants proof for a false assumption, so the thread was dead in any case.

5. bigshot
    If he was trolling, he failed. He thanked me for my answer.

6. vid
    I assume we'll see the beats in his inventory soon.

7. bigshot
    Blatantly obvious troll alert.

8. RRod

Yeah, he's a doozy. [​IMG]

9. bigshot
    Blocked him. He can join AS

10. bigshot
    He's desperate to draw me in. Ain't gonna happen. Tell it to the hand.

11. Ruben123
    I think I missed something.

OK to add something to this thread. I found a DAP (dont know which one) that has at least in the graphs ENORMOUS bass roll-off under load below 150 Hz or something. Why would you ever actually MAKE such a non linear player. Think it was paired with a low impedance earphone but it was a high end player, why not take the effort to add a lower resistance output so that you can drive also other types of earphones? Or does that have something to do with gain?

12. Joe Bloggs Contributor

Coz that makes the bass sound "faster"? :tongue_smile:

I think that would be a small coupling capacitor at fault here, a cheap way to remove DC offset.

Many IEMs (the main class of earphones having impedance low enough to have their bass response severely affected by said coupling capacitor) also have greatly exaggerated bass response, so this would also be a primitive way of "equalizing" them--although it's mostly the midbass that needs to be toned down, not the subbass...

13. Ruben123

Equalising as buying a DAP for your IEM instead of using the built in EQ of your DAP?

14. RRod

Kind of like people buying specific tube amps for the HD800 instead of going "plunk" at 6kHz on an EQ.

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Don't think I've seen a clearer explanation of the rationale behind an ABX test, if I do say so myself. Hope I haven't broken any rules though :popcorn:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/661411/the-fiio-x5-thread/17580#post_11639780

First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last