Size Matters - Earpad hole measurements for Over-ear Headphones....
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 147
We should keep this thread going as a resource.

AKG K702

Inner Height 68 mm
Inner Width 73
Depth (front) 17
Depth (rear) 23

KRK KNS 8400

Inner Height 65 mm
Inner Width 43
Depth 15

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #17 of 147
Wow, those Momentums are small. I currently have HD-25ii but would like to try some over the ear phones for comfort. I was about to pull the trigger on Sennheiser Momentums because of the great reviews and I love the sound of the HD-25's, The one complaint everyone seems to have is the earcup size. My ears measure 67mm so you saved me return shipping money. Thanks

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 147
AKG K545 - Circular Earpads Measurements 

Earpad
Inner Diameter (Of Pad) - 74mm
Outer Diameter (Of pad) - 85mm
Outer Diameter (Of headphone) - 86mm
Outer Diameter (Of the pad itself, the part not attached to the headphones) - 90mm 
Thickness - 20mm

Pictures:

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #21 of 147
Hi all!
I was thinking of buying AiAiAi's TMA-1 studio or maybe DJ not sure yet...
But after I sold my Razer's Electra because it felt uncomfortable after some time because of my bigger ears (height about 6.5cm), and right now looking for new headphones with which I would feel comfortable, and could wear them without thinking about them for hours...
I'd like headphones like B&W P3, as these are on-ear headphones and I don't have to think about if my ears gonna hurt or not.
But, B&W are kinda over my budget. 
So, something in the range of AiAiAi's or if someone approves that TMA-1's would fit my ears, then I'll be buying them then.

I hope someone can help me with this! :wink:

And also, my another thread where I'm looking for some cheap headphones too, tho, no replies yet... :/ http://www.head-fi.org/t/702848/in-a-need-for-new-headphones-for-20-30-in-design-same-as-b-w-p3

Thanks! :)

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #22 of 147
  Hi all!
I was thinking of buying AiAiAi's TMA-1 studio or maybe DJ not sure yet...
But after I sold my Razer's Electra because it felt uncomfortable after some time because of my bigger ears (height about 6.5cm), and right now looking for new headphones with which I would feel comfortable, and could wear them without thinking about them for hours...
I'd like headphones like B&W P3, as these are on-ear headphones and I don't have to think about if my ears gonna hurt or not.
But, B&W are kinda over my budget. 
So, something in the range of AiAiAi's or if someone approves that TMA-1's would fit my ears, then I'll be buying them then.

I hope someone can help me with this! :wink:

And also, my another thread where I'm looking for some cheap headphones too, tho, no replies yet... :/ http://www.head-fi.org/t/702848/in-a-need-for-new-headphones-for-20-30-in-design-same-as-b-w-p3

Thanks! :)

heyhey, this isn't really a discussion thread, so your post might get more attention if you make a new thread under the portable headphones section.

mmm... personally, i haven't had any luck with on-ears as my ears are quite sensitive and get irritated from the clamping force of on-ears directly on my ears.

in terms of a good sub-$250 portable closed pair of headphones that are extremely comfortable... (off the top of my head/from my own personal experience) I would recommend looking into the akg k545 or the mdr-1r.

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 147
Wanna give some contribution ^^

V-Moda M100 (all inner) with XL earpads:

Height: 68mm
Width: 45mm

Too bad I threw away the stock earpads but base on the advertisement from V-Moda that the XL earpad is 2cm taller than the stock ones, I believe the stock earpad would be around 50mm

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #29 of 147
Audeze LCD-X Earcup Measurements: inner depth = 1.20in/3cm to 0.75in/1.9cm, inner height = 2.55in/6.5cm, inner width = 2in/5cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back