SIVGA PHOENIX OPEN BACK WOOD DYNAMIC
Sep 19, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #91 of 185
One "obvious" and natural comparison (very similar price; both "wood") would be:

Sivga Phoenix vs Fostex t60RP

Anyone done this yet?

---------------

T60RP-01-Top-main.jpg

61hGwQcWmdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #92 of 185
I have owned them both (not at the same time) and even though I can't provide you with a very analytical comparison like many others here would, I can assure you that the bass on the Phoenix was in a league of its own when compared to the t60rp.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #93 of 185
How about the Sivga P-II's? The family resemblance is obvious ... except one is a D and the other PM ... but anyone compare sonics????

71z5Nd0e84L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #94 of 185
How about the Sivga P-11's? The family resemblance is obvious ... except one is a D and the other PM ... but anyone compare sonics????

71z5Nd0e84L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I will surely let everyone know my experience and differences between the two. The P-II (It's actualy P-2 not P-11, thee "II" is in Roman numerals) is on the way, I am not certain when it will arrive, but I'm just letting you know that I will be able to answer that question

Don't quote me on this, but I believe there is a review on YT that already mentions the differences between the two

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #95 of 185
It would be good to get some Grado compares in this thread. Grado 225i (with G-cushions!!) is my go-to can at roughly the price range of the Phoenix. Doesn't have to be a Grado woody, tho :wink:

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #96 of 185
I will surely let everyone know my experience and differences between the two. The P-II (It's actualy P-2 not P-11, thee "II" is in Roman numerals) is on the way, I am not certain when it will arrive, but I'm just letting you know that I will be able to answer that question

Don't quote me on this, but I believe there is a review on YT that already mentions the differences between the two
What I'm curious is how similar to P2 is to Sendy Aiva. There is a lot of info on Aiva available. Aiva was made by Sivga for Sendy and the main guy behind Aiva was also responsible for Phoenix.

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #97 of 185
What I'm curious is how similar to P2 is to Sendy Aiva. There is a lot of info on Aiva available. Aiva was made by Sivga for Sendy and the main guy behind Aiva was also responsible for Phoenix.
I will probably cover Aiva soon too, it is indeed made by Sivga

Sep 21, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #98 of 185
Released about a month ago (AFAIK) is much anticipated Philips X3.
Add it to your compare list!

P.S. I have several cans avail to me including DT1990, HD650, etc. But my most-used daily driver is X2HR.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #99 of 185
I'm keeping my eyes on these, the way people describe their sound seems to be what I often enjoy. Unfortunately the fit issues that many people mention remind me of what i went through with the t50rp3, took me quite some time (and money) to find pads that I find comfortable and don't change the sound too much. Don't want to go through that again right now, I'll wait some time to see if any pads from Dekoni, Brainwavz, Yaxi etc will be a good match with these.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #100 of 185
Anybody here listen to the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home? I just got them and they have a pretty good bass slam. I'm assuming the Beyers are a step or two above these but I'm still curious about the Phoenix.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #101 of 185
How do these compare - contrast against the Meze 99 Classics? Parts of the signature sound similar. The Sivga sounds like the mids are recessed in comparison, but not overly so. They also sound like the treble doesn't roll off as soon, with some additional extension and sparkle, but not harsh or fatiguing. The small Soundstage I'm okay with. What's keeping me from buying these is the comments stating that they don't handle busy tracks well. I primarily listen to rock, hard rock, and glam metal. I can't handle congestion. How is the instrument separation with these? When listening to rock or metal, are they lively and energetic... Full sounding and not thin?

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #102 of 185
How do these compare - contrast against the Meze 99 Classics? Parts of the signature sound similar. The Sivga sounds like the mids are recessed in comparison, but not overly so. They also sound like the treble doesn't roll off as soon, with some additional extension and sparkle, but not harsh or fatiguing. The small Soundstage I'm okay with. What's keeping me from buying these is the comments stating that they don't handle busy tracks well. I primarily listen to rock, hard rock, and glam metal. I can't handle congestion. How is the instrument separation with these? When listening to rock or metal, are they lively and energetic... Full sounding and not thin?

I can't comment on the Meze set as I haven't heard them, but my review of these is a couple of pages back and I wouldn't say that those genres play to the strengths of the Phoenix. Not that they would sound objectively bad - they will sound full and fairly even - but more that I feel there are better choices if majority of listening will be those genres.

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #104 of 185
Hey :)

We just published our review of these beauties. What do you think? :)

https://ear-fidelity.com/2020/10/13/sivga-phoenix/
DSCF4734.jpg
Nice photography!

To be quite honest here, the review seems very confusing. This is more of a poetry piece than a review - I couldn't follow a single thing you wrote.

"Everything is close and far away at the same time", this is a pretty controversial thing to say without explaining it... does not make much sense. Two completely different things.

You sound a lot like Audiophile Heaven... you made a lot of very bold claims, yet they are pretty much meaningless without explaining. Using words and phrases like "juicy", "lazy", "treble steps in front, but in a kind way"... what is this even, since when did sound have physical form...? In no time I will be reading about sound running and doing physical activities (maybe something like: Bass - She lifted the bass like a 350 lb bench press).

But here is wher I see the issue. How can you say something like "It's like a fake battle between brothers"??? What is this supposed to mean and how is it helping the reader learn about the sound performance of a product?

You go on to say "it feels like it would like to strike hard, but it can't" and literally in the next line you write "it is fast, and exact". So, what you are saying is that it "wants to" (now sound also has the power of will) strike hard, but also say it is fast and exact. Completely contradictory and opposite sides of the spectrum - if it "wants to" strike hard, it cannot be fast and exact. Fast and exact means it has good punch and impact (which the Phoenix does have in my opinion).

"Could have been deeper and richer"... Hm. Sound like you might be after a 24" subwoofers. Two on the either side of the head will do the job I think.

I personally think you have completely failed your job as a reviewer. You made some very strong and bold claims with using poetry, not musical examples - which removes all value from this review. As a fellow reviewer, I am left very confused after reading your review, and I absolutely didn't learn a thing about how Sivga Phoenix sounds to you. In other words you failed to express yourself.

I am sorry to be so critical, but I think we already have enough poets, using descriptive words and comparisons to physical things is not the way to go. It seems like you didn't even put much effort in expressing yourself - I think the output is equivalent to the input that was involved in writing this.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #105 of 185
I had my response ready, but decided not to post it here. You're so negative, bad maneered and just simply envious that i don't see the point. Im sorry man, i hope it get's better with you and you won't have to post pure HATE on the internet. Take care <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back