Singxer SU-6
May 9, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #286 of 1,015
SU6 I2S will give your DAC 3 clocks, your DAC will only use 2 of the 3 (bclk,lrclk).
You mentioned that there was no option to select and use external clock on the D90, you might want to check with Topping if this is true
So they replied me that d90 can't use external clock
So goes back to my question if the i2s have all 3 clk pins +/- why I can only get the bclk and lrclk from su-6? And not the mclk? I2s have pins for that and if su6 is sending it?

May 9, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #287 of 1,015
So goes back to my question if the i2s have all 3 clk pins +/- why I can only get the bclk and lrclk from su-6? And not the mclk? I2s have pins for that and if su6 is sending it?
D90 don't have a clock port in therefore it can't
But from su-6 I don't see why if it's passing in all 3 and i2s have all 3 pins for it?

May 9, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #288 of 1,015
SU6 is sending MCLK to your DAC

D90 DAC is not using the MCLK signal from I2S, from your message about Topping's reply

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #289 of 1,015
D90 don't have a clock port in therefore it can't
But from su-6 I don't see why if it's passing in all 3 and i2s have all 3 pins for it?
You have to ask Topping why they have a I2S MCLK input pin but not using it.
(Or ask them if D90 can use I2S MCLK and tell them you have a SU6)

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #293 of 1,015
does it make sense to use the SU-6 with an SOtM SMS-200Ultra which has the sCLK-EX clock?

May 11, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #295 of 1,015
I have that combo, the SMS-200 is underpowered for DSD512 and above when running HQPLayer's NAA, it starts to pop and click.
No problems on Roon@DSD512.

Thanks so much for that input!

May 12, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #296 of 1,015
Hey guys remember a few days ago I posted the USB input of my SU-1 crapped out? Well low & behold it's WORKING again today after just upgrading the driver. It's so strange because although nothing was changed on my setup, one day when powering everything on my PC stopped recognizing the SU-1 and even the left light of my Wyrd kept going out after 5 seconds as if there's no connectivity. And what a relief because my SU-1 is serial SU-000263 all the way from late 2016 and both Kitsune Hifi and Shenzhen Audio seemed reluctant to still service it.

I updated to driver 4.45 but someone at Kitsune Hifi recommended version 4.80, but I can't find the link. Is there any advantage of the latter version or should I just stick with this one since it's working?
Also he recommended I update the firmware. I don't believe I've ever upgraded that since (perhaps?) after getting it almost 4 years ago. Any recommendations on which firmware version is better, or if it makes any difference?

So for anyone who thinks their SU-1 is broken one day but the power light still comes on, consider updating the driver.

May 12, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #297 of 1,015
I updated to driver 4.45 but someone at Kitsune Hifi recommended version 4.80, but I can't find the link. Is there any advantage of the latter version or should I just stick with this one since it's working?
Also he recommended I update the firmware. I don't believe I've ever upgraded that since (perhaps?) after getting it almost 4 years ago. Any recommendations on which firmware version is better, or if it makes any difference?

So for anyone who thinks their SU-1 is broken one day but the power light still comes on, consider updating the driver.

That's all very odd :D but good it still works.

May 12, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #298 of 1,015
Hey guys remember a few days ago I posted the USB input of my SU-1 crapped out? Well low & behold it's WORKING again today after just upgrading the driver. It's so strange because although nothing was changed on my setup, one day when powering everything on my PC stopped recognizing the SU-1 and even the left light of my Wyrd kept going out after 5 seconds as if there's no connectivity. And what a relief because my SU-1 is serial SU-000263 all the way from late 2016 and both Kitsune Hifi and Shenzhen Audio seemed reluctant to still service it.

Maybe this driver page will help
http://www.singxer.com/col.jsp?id=108

May 12, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #299 of 1,015
Yeah I was convinced it was a hardware issue and was even talking about having the board replaced, but the driver update fixed it. Somehow it slipped through the cracks that these things even need driver updates - was under the impression just keep the firmware / driver so long as it works. And thanks for the above link, I was using the one from Shenzhen Audio which isn't as up to date. Which firmware is more up to date from the above site, the 2017 one or just the "firmware update"?

Probably I'll be going with a DDC that supports Toslink optical for my next upgrade, because I've heard that's the superior connection type - that and HDMI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back