Singxer SU-6
May 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #31 of 1,015
Hi whodiini,
Really appreciated of your review of the new SIngxer SU-6.
I'm in the market for either Singxer SU-6 or Matrix X-SPDIF 2, to team with PS Audio DS Snr of I2s input. Not sure if the Singxer SU-6 I2s output is improvement over the Matrix I2s?
Though the Singxer is almost double the Matrix price, it's still on special of 10% discount now...
Thanks ahead

One thing to keep in mind. The matrix can run off USB, which is already fairly clean from laptop/battery power.

Singxer runs from switching supply which is yet another factor in the digital converter story. Matrix is just plug and play easy.

Depends on how neurotic you are I suppose

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #38 of 1,015
Can i check how does the unit powers on and off? Noticed there isn’t a power switch on the rear...
I found the manual here: https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/Singxer SU-6 handbook.pdf

7. The front panel of the SU-6 is a LED status display with no touch function

8. It takes about 1 minute to power on and about 1 minute to shut down. This is because the SU-6 has a built-in super capacitor. It takes time to charge and discharge. The SU-6 does not have a power switch. The SU-6 has low power consumption and can be used for a long time. The SU-6 power plug supports hot swap.

9. If the SU-6 needs to connect to other power sources, it needs a DC power supply voltage of 7.5V-9V, a current of at least 2A, preferably 7.5V 3A.

10. The SU-6 can be used normally within 1 minute. The super capacitor is fully charged in 20 minutes. The internal thermostat is basically stable in 20 minutes and completely stable in 1 hour

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #39 of 1,015
I found the manual here: https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/Singxer SU-6 handbook.pdf

7. The front panel of the SU-6 is a LED status display with no touch function

8. It takes about 1 minute to power on and about 1 minute to shut down. This is because the SU-6 has a built-in super capacitor. It takes time to charge and discharge. The SU-6 does not have a power switch. The SU-6 has low power consumption and can be used for a long time. The SU-6 power plug supports hot swap.

9. If the SU-6 needs to connect to other power sources, it needs a DC power supply voltage of 7.5V-9V, a current of at least 2A, preferably 7.5V 3A.

10. The SU-6 can be used normally within 1 minute. The super capacitor is fully charged in 20 minutes. The internal thermostat is basically stable in 20 minutes and completely stable in 1 hour

Wow cool. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #41 of 1,015
Has anyone tried their SU-6 with an LPS?
As explained above, the psu does not power the su-6. It only serves to charge the supercapacitors, which in turn power the su-6.

Physically, it would reason to be impossible a lps could make an audible difference. It would be like buying an 'audiophile' charger for an iPod to have an 'audiophile' charge. Impossible.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #42 of 1,015
As explained above, the psu does not power the su-6. It only serves to charge the supercapacitors, which in turn power the su-6.

Physically, it would reason to be impossible a lps could make an audible difference. It would be like buying an 'audiophile' charger for an iPod to have an 'audiophile' charge. Impossible.

To add to this, I talked to Tim at Kitsune, he said he had tried an LPS with the SU-6 and heard no audible difference, so he decided not to offer that as an upgrade.
Can't wait till more people get their hands on SU-6, this thing is the real deal. It's unfortunate that the stock SU-1 was super meh, kinda gave Singxer a bad name. SU-6 is like it wasn't even made by the same company.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #43 of 1,015
Oh man. So I just blew my Singxer F-1 because of overpowering my iDefender via external 9V. Now I'm thinking the SU-6 would be the premium choice ESPECIALLY when it's basically the same exact size as the Topping D70! I bet it's a match made in heaven.

I just don't know how soon it will be before most companies start developing USB 3.0 compatibility. Whether or not to save money until that happens.

Jun 23, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #44 of 1,015
Oh man. So I just blew my Singxer F-1 because of overpowering my iDefender via external 9V. Now I'm thinking the SU-6 would be the premium choice ESPECIALLY when it's basically the same exact size as the Topping D70! I bet it's a match made in heaven.

I just don't know how soon it will be before most companies start developing USB 3.0 compatibility. Whether or not to save money until that happens.
High speed Usb 2.0 is 480MB/s throughput.

Please tell me when in audio you'd need more speed than that :p

Jun 23, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #45 of 1,015
@Baten I'm not sure to be honest. But I've had a great dynamic increase in SQ by switching to Geic- Just kidding. lol

Using a USB 3.0 port on my usb card with a USB 3.0 cable to an iPurifier2 to my ISO REGEN has given me great boost in SQ. So it has me thinking of the future for USB 3.0 connectivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back