Singxer SU-6
Oct 16, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #361 of 999
Hello.
I was wondering how you got on with the SU-6 and the D90.
I have a D90 and A90, and was wondering if the SU-6 is a worthy addition?
Thanks in advance.
Martin

Hi, Martin
I don't have the SU-6 I was also wondering and getting info from the fourm... like you I have the D90/A90 stack, which I enjoy quite a bit
But just don't know if the I2S connection will bring any audible difference... at the price of su-6...

Thanks

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #362 of 999
Notice there is singxer sda-6 dac with standard and pro version. Where pro version uses the same clock as su-6 does this mean su-6 with sda-6 makes it redundant? Tho sda-6 takes clk in which is pretty interesting at the price

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #363 of 999
so recently pull the trigger on the su-6, while it outputs sound via i2s to my topping d90, for outmost reason, I can't figure out why there is not sound using coax/opt form the su-6 to my d90 or any other dacs like the denafrips ares 2 which only have coax...
I also installed the latest usb driver for singxer su-6
Can anyone help? Thanks

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #364 of 999
so recently pull the trigger on the su-6, while it outputs sound via i2s to my topping d90, for outmost reason, I can't figure out why there is not sound using coax/opt form the su-6 to my d90 or any other dacs like the denafrips ares 2 which only have coax...
I also installed the latest usb driver for singxer su-6
Can anyone help? Thanks

Are you trying to use coax/opt whilst the i2s cable is still plugged in?

I emailed singxer before and they said it only allows one type of connection at a time. Have u tried removing all connections, and doing a power down cycle, and then trying with coaxial again?

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #365 of 999
Are you trying to use coax/opt whilst the i2s cable is still plugged in?

I emailed singxer before and they said it only allows one type of connection at a time. Have u tried removing all connections, and doing a power down cycle, and then trying with coaxial again?

Ok, thanks for the tip, I got it to work as you said I unplugged everything and only put the coax

Strange when I took out the box, i didn't connect anything, but were only trying coax first, and when I can't get it working, I plugged in i2s and it worked right away...

But I guess nothing beats power cycle :)

Thanks!!!

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #366 of 999
Glad it worked out for you!

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #367 of 999
Curious.. Those of u using the su-6, have you guys changed it up to anything else? AudioGd DI20HE / denafrips gaia? Or still using the su-6?

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #368 of 999
@Roasty I'm definitely planning to upgrade to the DI20HE eventually, based on all the great impressions I've read on that thread. Having said that, I'm reeeeaaaallly pleased with my SU-6 in terms of how absolutely reliable it has been. Not a single hiccup, or pop, or drop out; even when playing through a playlist with differing sampling rates, and so on. Bulletproof, really.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #369 of 999
@Roasty I'm definitely planning to upgrade to the DI20HE eventually, based on all the great impressions I've read on that thread. Having said that, I'm reeeeaaaallly pleased with my SU-6 in terms of how absolutely reliable it has been. Not a single hiccup, or pop, or drop out; even when playing through a playlist with differing sampling rates, and so on. Bulletproof, really.

One of the things that I like about the su-6 is, as you said, it is fuss free and plug and play. Turn it on and forget about it.

I have also been following the DI20HE thread but man those last few pages on different firmware, and the process in flashing the firmware, and the different sounds and component matching seem a bit troublesome and over my head..

I had really hoped for the gaia, but I spoke to Alvin @ vinshine and he informs that their ddc will not work with my rockna dac.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #370 of 999
Great to hear you guys have been enjoying SU-6 and it's been so rock-solid. I recently sold my 5V modded singxer SU-1.
I'm now using this new board with the most expensive clocks option. Denafrips actually licenses the XING hardware. It's easily one of the best DDC I've had.

Taobao https://xaud.world.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.3.23d93bf5ZQmUlL
Aliexpress seller 1. seller 2

I bought it from taobao via a proxy way before it was available on aliexpress so I've had it for some months now. It sure surprised me with how small it was lol, less than half the Singxer's width. The sound is pristine though. I've used RCA>BNC with an adapter and AES. No experience with I2S yet, but it seems fully configurable via firmware which is something rarely seen!

Just wanted to share :wink: This little thing packs a punch. Utilises 1 ARM and not one but TWO Altera FPGA! Can work on USB alone or via LPSU!
TvfZOb7.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #372 of 999
Great to hear you guys have been enjoying SU-6 and it's been so rock-solid. I recently sold my 5V modded singxer SU-1.
I'm now using this new board with the most expensive clocks option. Denafrips actually licenses the XING hardware. It's easily one of the best DDC I've had.

Taobao https://xaud.world.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.3.23d93bf5ZQmUlL
Aliexpress seller 1. seller 2

I bought it from taobao via a proxy way before it was available on aliexpress so I've had it for some months now. It sure surprised me with how small it was lol, less than half the Singxer's width. The sound is pristine though. I've used RCA>BNC with an adapter and AES. No experience with I2S yet, but it seems fully configurable via firmware which is something rarely seen!

Just wanted to share :wink: This little thing packs a punch. Utilises 1 ARM and not one but TWO Altera FPGA! Can work on USB alone or via LPSU!
TvfZOb7.jpg

it has only usb type c instead of a regular usb input?

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #374 of 999
If it's DI20HE i'll rather have a SU-6 + LPS (say a Farad Super3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back