Singxer SU-1
Mar 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #61 of 129
I just set up my KTE su-1 with i2s input into my ps audio dac and I can clearly hear an improvement already in the vocals in cowboy junkies - trinity session. I just gotta make sure I have the right firmware for ps audio dsd..

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #62 of 129
Nice, I also hope burn in improves the sound further
L3000.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #64 of 129
Yup 24/7 at least until new toy syndrome wears off :)
here's a shot of it sitting on my ps audio gain cell dac feeding it i2s.  the hype is real!  i2s sounds amazingly better and I'm sure xmos xu208 makes a difference.  those rednet flavor of the monthers WISH they could be enjoying the pure sublime input of i2s with their ugly plastic ethernet cables everywhere :wink:  

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #65 of 129
  Just set up my SU1 KTE as well via microRendu>SU1(i2s)>Spring.
Is everyone leaving their SU1 powered on 24/7?

My SU-1 stays powered on 24/7 - not worried about it.

How about some pix of your setup with MicroRendu!

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #67 of 129
My SU-1 stays powered on 24/7 as well along with the Yggy. It's been a few weeks.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #68 of 129
Hmm I just noticed my su-1 driver only lists it can do up to 24/96.  I thought I lucked out when I installed the driver and I didn't need to disable driver signing for win 10.  Maybe I did that before?  my keybaord didn't work in the screen to disable driver signing.. uh oh

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #70 of 129
I figured it out, installed the Holo audio xmos driver and rebooted.. now I have up to 24/192 in the windows playback settings and dsd works.  this is the first time I ever got DSD native to work over asio!  playing Pixies - Doolittle in DSD128 Native asio right now :)

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #71 of 129
Congrats on your KTE SIU-1, uncola, she's a beauty! You mention you are running DSD native, great stuff, but the conversation here over at Shenzen Audio says current Singxer driver only supports DoP, confusing

I'm nearing pulling the trigger on SU-1 to output via IIS to a Gustard A20H with goal of upsampling FLAC to DSD native at 128 or 256 via HQPlayer. Is that currently supported / likely to work? 

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #72 of 129
BTW what IIS cables are best to output the SU-1 to DAC....hopefully not too expensive?

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #75 of 129
Thank to all for the reply about leaving the SU1 on 24/7.

I'm using my MBP>microRendu> SU-1 KTE (i2s)>Spring KTE>BHSE>009 using JRiver MC-21.
This sounds so incredibly right, that it's wrong! After adding the SU1 KTE to the chain tonight and letting it run for about 5-6hrs I was immediately taken back by what I was heard when I started listening. Everything sounds like it's on a much grander scale! From the slam and control of percussion (and I mean slam that made me look at my rig in awe) and the clarity of the fine details which are extremely focused and clearly audible and the imaging and sound-stage is perceived in such a way I've never heard before. I'm actually afraid that I have reached the end! And I'm not kidding!

What I don't understand is when I had the SU1 (non-KTE no mR) in my chain previously, I didn't care for it. To be quite honest, I didn't think the i2s performed as well as the USB input did? Could it be the KTE mods to the SU1 making that much of a difference? Could it be the mR+KTE SU-1 combination? I don't know what the answer is right now, but I do know my system did not sound like this with my previous SU1 or I obviously wouldn't have eliminated it from my chain. For now I'm going to sit back in awe and enjoy my music. I definitely need to listen to all my options and find out as too why this is, and understand the reasons for what I'm hearing now that I didn't hear before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back