1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Singxer SU-1 Owners

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by t bone, Mar 7, 2017.
First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Next

Last
  1. Thenewguy007
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. captblaze
    this is for windows only, but I typically uninstall the driver from add/remove programs in control panel, then I install the new driver. The new driver should install in the old driver location. for Linux or Mac O/S I don't have any experience with those in an audio enviornment

3. punit
    Have a noob question, when I install a driver, is it installed on the Laptop or on the SU-1 . i.e. if I update the SU-1 driver using Laptop A & afterwards try to use the SU-1 with another Laptop B, will it show the updated driver or do I have the install the driver again on Laptob B ?

4. captblaze
    if you upgrade the devices firmware it follows the device from computer to computer. driver files need to be installed and updated on each computer

5. Thenewguy007
    Anyone know what "safe Mode" does in the buffer settings for the "Singxer USB Audio Device Control Panel".

Checking the box changes the output latency, should it be left checked or unchecked?

6. punit
  7. Thenewguy007
  8. kank
    Anyone getting the white noise issue from Singxer SU-1 unit? Only happens for DSD upsampling via JRiver.
    It just outputs loud white noise over the top of the music. This is via the I2S connection

Currently using the latest firmware (2.22) and driver (3.60)

9. rafabro
    No, no noise at all.

10. llamaluv
    I was getting white noise outputting DSD via JRiver using a Matrix X-SPDIF 2 (whose innards it's said are quite similar to the SU-1). One of the following two adjustments fixed it for me:
    • Setting the hardware volume to 100% before switching to DSD
    • Setting the device buffer size to max (32k) thru the system device settings if that's possible for you (I'm using Windows).
    Might be worth trying...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. kank
    How do you set the buffer size? I am using Windows 10.
    I see there is a buffer setting at the Singxer SU-1 app in the icon tray

12. llamaluv
    Playing with the buffer size in the SU-1 settings via the tray app seems worth trying. For the Matrix, I think it defaulted to like 8192. When I changed it to 32768, it got rid of stuttering I was experiencing with 4xDSD and 8xDSD. And it may have been the change that fixed the white noise I was experiencing...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  13. Thenewguy007
    Anyone know what the correct output settings should be?
    2 channel 24-bits or 16-bits?

[​IMG]

14. taxman2

15. taxman2
    24 bits

First

Back
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Next

Last