1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Singxer SU-1 Owners

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by t bone, Mar 7, 2017.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. rafabro
    SU-1 it does is very sensitive for power supply quality. Any small change is easy to hear.

2. elan120
    I am not either, but do have the same combo SU-1/Spring LTE3 as yours, and in my case, it was a good degree of improvement using LPS-1 to power the SU-1.

3. thyname
    OK. Convinced. Ordered the kit. Thanks everybody

4. uncola
    I just took a week+ vacation from my su-1 kte and reintroduced it into my chain so I could get fresh ears to know how much it really enhances things.. long story short... a lot!

T Bone likes this.
  5. Tboooe
    I noticed a very significant improvement over the HD Plex linear power supply I was using. You wont be disappointed.

6. JerryLeeds
  7. thyname
    1 - It depends. I bought mine from eBay China seller. Other than taking him 5 days to ship it, it was fine and genuine. Once shipped, it was extremely fast via DHL

2 - Yes

3 - Plenty available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IKRE/

8. LoryWiv
    I was pleased to learn that the SU-1 firmware update is available to support native DSD512. The version 2.22 FW is for PS Audio / Matrix, according to Singxer. However, I have upgraded firmware to 2.22 but output from HQ Player using the XMOS ASIO driver still only allows DoP to DSD256!

I have the Singxer SU-1 with all jumpers set to off (Matrix / PS Audio standard), connected via USB to my Windows 10 computer, I2S output from the SU-1 to a Matrix X-Sabre Pro which is capable of native DSD512, but still only DoP 256.

Is there something else I need to do?

Help appreciated.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. Tboooe
    Please post screenshots of your HQP settings page and the main screen.

10. LoryWiv
    Thanks Tboooe. In the 1st screenshot if I change SDM pack setting to DoP and bitrate to 44.1k x 256 I can output DSD, just as before the firmware update. However, my goal with FW 2.22 was to get support for native DSD512 as the FW notes indicate it is capable of (and my DAC supports), and on that I am stymied.

Thanks for any help!

Capture 1.jpg

Capture 2.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  11. LoryWiv
  12. Tboooe
    Glad it got sorted. I was going to recommend using the alternative driver. So the real question is....how does it sound???

13. uncola
    yeah is it just dsd512 or did they optimize the code for sound improvements too? I'm gonna wait a week before installing just in case the firmware has problems :p
    any changelog?

14. Tboooe
    As I understand its code to allow native DSD512. I've been running it for over a week now with no issues. I say go for it!!!

15. Thenewguy007
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last