Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 4, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #301 of 2,563
Hey guys, just came back to tell you all that this amp has to be opening up with use or something. Now I actually do think it’s worth the extra money over the thx amps. Today it’s like the thx is flat and brighter when in comparison. The singxer has become more dynamic with better depth and smoothness while still retaining the high end and all of its details. Again, i don’t know if it’s use, or just my ears finally picking up on these things. Either way, I assure you, the singxer is growing on me more and more with each day that passes. It’s still not that full class a warm musical sound that I was looking for, but it is one damn good amp.
Thank you for your comment, with which Dac and which headphones are you testing the SA-1 ?

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #302 of 2,563
Thank you for your comment, with which Dac and which headphones are you testing the SA-1 ?
RME ADI 2 DAC AND HIFIMAN ARYA’S...WHICH IF YOU KNOW BOTH OF THEM YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY IM LOOKING FOR SOME WARMTH

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #304 of 2,563
RME ADI 2 DAC AND HIFIMAN ARYA’S...WHICH IF YOU KNOW BOTH OF THEM YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY IM LOOKING FOR SOME WARMTH
I think you can add warmth by increasing the amp bais to more current but you need some expertise. I think it is running with 30mA and maybe jumping to 60mA will warm it up.

https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/bias_e.html

I never done it and I will try to understand it and experiment my self :)

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #305 of 2,563
and by using the equalizer of the RME you do not get an improvement ?
The equalizer certainly helps, but it doesn’t add that good ol’ natural analog warmth that we drool over

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #306 of 2,563
Tracking just announced mine has cleared customs and should be in my hands tomorrow.

Dying to join the SA-1 + Arya search-for-analogwarmth team.

I am also interested in doing the mod with the jumper.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #307 of 2,563
Tracking just announced mine has cleared customs and should be in my hands tomorrow.

Dying to join the SA-1 + Arya search-for-analogwarmth team.

I am also interested in doing the mod with the jumper.
What dac do you use?

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #312 of 2,563
out of stock everywhere for this

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #314 of 2,563
If I was in USA I would have already a Jot2 or a Magnius.

or somehting from Gheselli labs. But I am not in USA, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back