SinglePower worth the trouble?
Mar 8, 2006 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

leebert

Head-Fier
Based upon the recommendation of several thoughtful Forum participants, I decided to purchase SinglePower's MPX-3 with some modest upgrades. I placed my order late Jan, and was told it would take a few weeks, but that they'd attempt to expedite the order.

On Feb 23rd, I sent an email asking for the status of my order, and was told: "your amplifier is on the test rack and should be ready for shipping within several days."

On March 2nd I called and spoke to David, who assured me my amp would ship early next week, with "expidited" delivery.

Today it's March 8th. No charge to my card. No box on my doorstep. No phone call of explaination.

Anyone else experience this type of deception, dishonesty, and poor service with SinglePower? Is the product really worth this type of hassle? Enough to reward these business practices with an order?

Thoughts?

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by leebert
Based upon the recommendation of several thoughtful Forum participants, I decided to purchase SinglePower's MPX-3 with some modest upgrades. I placed my order late Jan, and was told it would take a few weeks, but that they'd attempt to expedite the order.

On Feb 23rd, I sent an email asking for the status of my order, and was told: "your amplifier is on the test rack and should be ready for shipping within several days."

On March 2nd I called and spoke to David, who assured me my amp would ship early next week, with "expidited" delivery.

Today it's March 8th. No charge to my card. No box on my doorstep. No phone call of explaination.

Anyone else experience this type of deception, dishonesty, and poor service with SinglePower? Is the product really worth this type of hassle? Enough to reward these business practices with an order?

Thoughts?

Here is a Post that should get someones attention. WOW

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 23
Huh?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Forgive me if I'm a bit confused. You ordered a custom amp and was told it would take several weeks to complete & that they would attempt to expedite it. You were then told it was on the test bench, and it would ship the early part of this week. Oh, and they haven't even charged your credit card yet?

By my count it is still Wednesday (3/8), which can easily be considered the "early" part of the week (ok, technically the "middle" of the week). Personally, I'd rather have an amp that works correctly when it arrives, than a rush-job that required adjustments or repairs after it got to me.

I'd say Singlepower is doing you a favor. Chill.

Btw, wouldn't another call to SP have calmed your nerves better than you posting an uncalled-for rant on this board???
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 23
A bit over a month can be very normal among amp manufacturers to make you a good and big amp, which I believe the MPX3 is, especially if the amp has options for custom features or actually features custom embellishments. Some bigger manufacturers who don't do custom work like Headroom and Meier-Audio might have amps on stock but that's really the exception.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 23
I ordered my PPX3 SLAM with upgrades on Dec. 30 and was told it was burning in on Jan. 20 and would ship in a few days. On Feb. 5 I was told it was going to show up by mid-week, but I did not receive it for another week and a half. Based on my experience, I'm betting your amp will show up within a week or two.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Huh?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Forgive me if I'm a bit confused. You ordered a custom amp and was told it would take several weeks to complete & that they would attempt to expedite it. You were then told it was on the test bench, and it would ship the early part of this week. Oh, and they haven't even charged your credit card yet?

By my count it is still Wednesday (3/8), which can easily be considered the "early" part of the week (ok, technically the "middle" of the week). Personally, I'd rather have an amp that works correctly when it arrives, than a rush-job that required adjustments or repairs after it got to me.

I'd say Singlepower is doing you a favor. Chill.

Btw, wouldn't another call to SP have calmed your nerves better than you posting an uncalled-for rant on this board???
rolleyes.gif

And you're a moderator?

Yikes.

Saying something is on the test rack - when it is not - is dishonest. Saying an item will be shipped by a specific date, and it still not being shipped seven days after that specific date, is - at best - deception. Are these really practices you want to defend as a moderator of this board? Moreover, do you really want to say complaining about them is uncalled for?

To Saint (& another person who contacted me via email), I hear you that these are special products and they require patience. However, I have a hard time reconciling patience as an excuse for misrepresentation. Still, I appreciate your input.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #7 of 23
My post was as a member, and there is absolutely nothing for me to defend. According to your own post, there has been no deception to this point. You are jumping the gun. Your expectations for the kind of product you ordered (custom order), and the type of company you ordered it from (small, custom, niche), are way off-base.

Your amp may very well be in the mail already. Just call SP and ask the question. It'd be a lot more effective than fabricating a non-reality.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Saying something is on the test rack - when it is not - is dishonest.

How do you know it's not?

Quote:

Saying an item will be shipped by a specific date, and it still not being shipped seven days after that specific date, is - at best - deception.

Saying they'll try to ship it by a date and saying it will be shipped are two different things.

Quote:

Are these really practices you want to defend as a moderator of this board? Moreover, do you really want to say complaining about them is uncalled for?

Um, like he said, it's a custom product from a small, niche company that's probably very busy. They haven't even charged you yet, so what's the huge worry?

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Your expectations for the kind of product you ordered (custom order), and the type of company you ordered it from (small, custom, niche), are way off-base.

So by this "logic", it's okay for a "small, custom, niche" manufacturer to state something that is demonstratably false.

Quote:

It'd be a lot more effective than fabricating a non-reality.

At this point, I invite you to part from this thread. It appears several others have shared my "non-reality" and I would not something like facts to get in the way of your perception.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman657
I ordered my PPX3 SLAM with upgrades on Dec. 30 and was told it was burning in on Jan. 20 and would ship in a few days. On Feb. 5 I was told it was going to show up by mid-week, but I did not receive it for another week and a half.

Patman, thanks. Seems like I'm in a similar loop.
mad.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #10 of 23
Leebert,
You are unworthy of Singlepower Amps. Cancel your order immediately.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
How do you know it's not? Saying they'll try to ship it by a date and saying it will be shipped are two different things. Um, like he said, it's a custom product from a small, niche company that's probably very busy.

I find it fascinating people would defend this company to the point of challenging my veracity.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

At this point, I invite you to part from this thread.

That's fine. I've said my peace.

Just remember to play nice.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #14 of 23
This seems pointless to me, but if things stay civil I will keep the thread open.

As an aside, because something is "demonstrably false" doesn't mean that it's a lie, or even misrepresentation. As hard as this may be for some folks to believe, sometimes in business the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

So long as this doesn't carry any further down the road it's going, I'll let it be...

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 23
I have to say I am amazed reading this thread - someone restore my faith in humanity, other than leebert obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back