Singlepower SS1. Pics. and impressions.
Apr 28, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #16 of 48
Indeed, congratulations are in order for being done!
smily_headphones1.gif
Though I know your journey probably continues in the speaker realm though your current set up is amazing... I'm sure you will upgrade something at some point in that realm!

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my G*d.......

I saw this in the little room at the SJ Show and I tried to pick the lock. Not to steal, but just to listen for a little bit.

Nice job.

Cheers,

Anyone is welcome to drop me a pm and come by the hotel for a listen. I've moved my office and the rig to a poolside view, as seen in the reflection. The polished, anodized surface is the darkest, most beautiful of mirrors.

6.jpg

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics do this setup no justice..and understand you or anyone alive will be able to take pics to ever think of coming close to justice for this rig!

It really is that beautiful looking in life..

so nice I was scared to listen, I personally dont wanna know what something like that sounds like.
wink.gif

You should come out to SJ again and enjoy some double shot espressos and pleasantries with californian women. The double shots and stay would be on me, but you're on your own with the ladies. I found my California girl.

Apr 28, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice. Are both sides now operative?

They were both working at the meet, but the "fun" portion's crossfeed circuit is not complete. I'll get that done when Mikhail has the time and I'm willing to let go of the amp. I didn't get a chance to listen to the fun section until today, but it is indeed a blast. I should have had you plug your elctro/dynamics in the fun section. It has twice the power of the reference section and can be further juiced and tweaked with the power. bias, etc/ controls on the right side of the amp. I think you would have loved it. The reference portion is better matched with the Qualias and doesn't have the juice for your great sounding cans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now when are you driving your car through SB?
basshead.gif

Next week. Too busy with work right now. I had them install some audio gear this past week. When you see the car, you will notice resemblances to the headphone rig.

Apr 28, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry, but you should be banned (and your SS1 sent to me). You don't take pics like this and post the thread without first having the review ready!

I have to hit the sack so I can make my tee time, but here's the skinny for now:

Mikhail really outdid himself on this one.

Stunning piece of art.

Reference portion has perfect transparency and creates speed with dynamic headphones like no other. The past 5 days have had me rediscovering the wonders of headphones. The reference section highlights the special sound of the Esoteric combo. and much to my surprise, has me loving the Qualias. This part of the amp redefines "reference" in audio for me.

I have only had one day with the fun section but it has the speed of the reference section with more of the classic Single Power tubey sound. The K701s love this section. The adjustable parameters are an audio tweaker's dream and really allows you to set the amp to work in an ideal configuration with a variety of headphones.

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #22 of 48
Sounds like tuberolling with the flip of a switch - what a blast.
Man I must come to america just to visit some great head-fiers anytime...

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxlMusikfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like tuberolling with the flip of a switch - what a blast.

That was the idea. It is amazing to see and hear this amp after spending so many hours describing what I wanted to Mikhail. He perfectly captured all of the design and sonic elements I described and vastly exceeded my expectations. The versatitlity of the solid state "tube rolling" has me going in the office today for some audio tweaking. MY staff gets to babysit my 4 year old whiile I play with my own toys.

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was the idea. It is amazing to see and hear this amp after spending so many hours describing what I wanted to Mikhail. He perfectly captured all of the design and sonic elements I described and vastly exceeded my expectations. The versatitlity of the solid state "tube rolling" has me going in the office today for some audio tweaking. MY staff gets to babysit my 4 year old whiile I play with my own toys.

So you live in SJ?

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you live in SJ?

No. I live in Los Altos but a few of our businesses are in San Jose so I'm there most of the time.

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #26 of 48
did i just hear a "tube roll" getting replaced by turning a knob???????!!!!
i guess mikhail will be having an esss soon

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to hit the sack so I can make my tee time, but here's the skinny for now:

Mikhail really outdid himself on this one.

Stunning piece of art.

Reference portion has perfect transparency and creates speed with dynamic headphones like no other. The past 5 days have had me rediscovering the wonders of headphones. The reference section highlights the special sound of the Esoteric combo. and much to my surprise, has me loving the Qualias. This part of the amp redefines "reference" in audio for me.

I have only had one day with the fun section but it has the speed of the reference section with more of the classic Single Power tubey sound. The K701s love this section. The adjustable parameters are an audio tweaker's dream and really allows you to set the amp to work in an ideal configuration with a variety of headphones.

Congratulations! I am very happy for you. Nothing is better than having something you have high expectations for exceeding those expectations.
cool.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did i just hear a "tube roll" getting replaced by turning a knob???????!!!!
i guess mikhail will be having an esss soon

Not A knob, but a bunch of knobs. Only for the solid state inclined of course.

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations! I am very happy for you. Nothing is better than having something you have high expectations for exceeding those expectations.
cool.gif

Thanks. The ability to have Mikhail turn vision into reality is truly priceless to me. This is my 3rd Single Power amp, but this one is staying with me to the grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back