Single Sided or 'Y' Entry Cord?
Jun 27, 2001 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 10
What I always wondered about is how one-sided cords are accepted by the audiophile crowd. After all, this throws the earcups completely out of sync with one another, introduces phase differences, etc, etc etc. All because there's 12" extra cable between the two earcups.

Seriously, though, if you can hear the difference in two digital transports, all extracting the same ones and zeroes from the same disk, if you upgrade power cords, if you find that silver-based cables carrying a _digital_ signal sound brighter than copper cables (same ones and zeroes!), and if you believe in burning interconnects in, and subscribe to everything else George Cardas covers on his website, the extra 12" of cable, IMHO, should make a huge difference in listening..

Sigh.

Jun 28, 2001 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Hmm I voted single sided but now that I think about it Y cord feels more balanced on the ears than single sided on heavy cords... not on light ones of course...

Now about the different lengths in cord... I mean, how does it matter, aren't the electrons flowing only at light speed
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2001 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 10
i said single sided - i just hate tangles, and y cords are tangles that have been TEMPORARILY untangled.....put em down, and BOOM, they're tangled..........grrrr...........

Jul 1, 2001 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 10
One of my favorite headphones has a single-sided, the other a Y-type cord.

I usually elevate the cord as much as I can (usually about level with my neck in sitting position, or a little below) using the Radio Shack headset hanger. I just place the cord in the top notch. This alleviates the weight. This was particularly helpful when I had the Clous, which are the heaviest headphone cables I've ever experienced.

Jul 1, 2001 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 10
Odeen: Now see what you've done - it's great!
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back