Singapore Meet - 7 September 2013.
Aug 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #424 of 642
went to the show today.

In attendance are Jerry Harvey of JHAudio, Mr. Final Audio (Mr. Takai?) and Rudi of Rudistor.  Very cool and very approachable.

Pros:
* many good package deals to be had (phones+amp+ DAC/stand/etc)
* many brands including the Abyss and Stax hi end beauties are listenable
* prices seem to be "negotiable"
* very few vendors used pre-programmed music, so bring your own source and plug in!

Cons:
* smaller space than I would expect
* much of staff outside of the "names" are relatively inexperienced users and in-depth Q&A is not going to be answered.  not a knock on Jaben, but too many booths with too few truly experienced people
* "negotiable prices" may not be the bargains you hope for

Saturday and Sunday are going to be absolutely jammed. I cannot emphasize: go early or be prepared to really wait in long queues.

Hi points for me: A&K 120 player sounded very nice (better than expected), Beyer T1s in the balance config (ooooh la la), Stax SR-009s sounded great through the Cary amp, the Fostex stand (HP-1 and 900s) was great. Finally the Stage 4 IEMs are probably my next purchase, but the asking price is currently ludicrously high above retail

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #426 of 642
Quote:
Thought had Ocharaku at the show.. It's jut an advertisement, No product! Went all the way for it. Return disappointed.

I don't believe Ocharaku has distributors overseas. I could be wrong but I think international customers mostly get Ocharaku's via Musica Acoustics (maybe PriceJapan too?). It is a pity that no one was there to represent Ocharaku as their products are worthwhile sampling.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #428 of 642
Went to the Mook festival today - I might be classified as a heretic here xD, I don't like the 335s - the bass pretty much killed everything. The 334s, mids abit tad too thick, sounds greats on strings though. The white Parterre prototype was better than the black but doesn't really 'wow' me

JH13FP was the surprise. It's alot tamer/ less aggressive than the one I had years back, the mid-bass bump was removed, bass extends deeper now and the highs every so sparkly. There's a spaciousness is pretty wide too. The JH16FP is alot more 'correct' now, can't put it in words but the rumble of the bass is just phenomenal.Jerry and his partner were great too - Jerry personally attended to most visitors himself, even assisting with the fit of the demos.. What a great guy!

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #429 of 642
Went to the Mook festival today - I might be classified as a heretic here xD, I don't like the 335s - the bass pretty much killed everything. The 334s, mids abit tad too thick, sounds greats on strings though. The white Parterre prototype was better than the black but doesn't really 'wow' me

JH13FP was the surprise. It's alot tamer/ less aggressive than the one I had years back, the mid-bass bump was removed, bass extends deeper now and the highs every so sparkly. There's a spaciousness is pretty wide too. The JH16FP is alot more 'correct' now, can't put it in words but the rumble of the bass is just phenomenal.Jerry and his partner were great too - Jerry personally attended to most visitors himself, even assisting with the fit of the demos.. What a great guy!

+1 for Jerry's Customer Service. Tried the JH7 and JH5 and preparing to buy JH7 but realised that it is same price as Miracles by UM. Going to try the Miracle and c which better.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #430 of 642
Quote:
Went to the Mook festival today - I might be classified as a heretic here xD, I don't like the 335s - the bass pretty much killed everything. The 334s, mids abit tad too thick, sounds greats on strings though. The white Parterre prototype was better than the black but not really a 'Wow' factor for me.

JH13FP was the surprise. It's alot tamer/ less aggressive than the one I had years back, the mid-bass bump was removed, bass extends deeper now and the highs every so sparkly. There's a spaciousness is pretty wide too. Jerry and his partner were great - Jerry personally attended to most visitors himself, even assisting with the fit of the demos.. What a great guy!

Might be a blasphemy, but I didn't like the TG!334 either. I tried the 335DW with ClieOS's HM-901 and my jaw dropped, it had amazing bass, though I wasn't able to try the mids as the track used didn't have any vocals.

I absolutely loved the JH13PRO it was very neutral and like you mentioned, the bass had a lot of body while the highs had a lot of energy, and yet nothing felt boosted. The soundstage didn't seem wider than my Miracle, but I could hear an accurate `distance' between each instrument and their exact position.

Jerry and his partner had the best customer service, both of them offered assistance to wear the demo IEMs and he even shared his prototype case and spoke with great passion.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #431 of 642
Might be a blasphemy, but I didn't like the TG!334 either. I tried the 335DW with ClieOS's HM-901 and my jaw dropped, it had amazing bass, though I wasn't able to try the mids as the track used didn't have any vocals.

I absolutely loved the JH13PRO it was very neutral and like you mentioned, the bass had a lot of body while the highs had a lot of energy, and yet nothing felt boosted. The soundstage didn't seem wider than my Miracle, but I could hear an accurate `distance' between each instrument and their exact position.

Jerry and his partner had the best customer service, both of them offered assistance to wear the demo IEMs and he even shared his prototype case and spoke with great passion.

I thought only the Paterre was available for audition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back