simple question: Is Ecost.com an authorized shure reseller? Warranty covered under their invoice?
Aug 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slowth

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

been trying to search for an answer but nothing concrete...

are they authorized? would I have warranty issues with them?

thanks for any help!!
Urgent!

Aug 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there,

been trying to search for an answer but nothing concrete...

are they authorized? would I have warranty issues with them?

thanks for any help!!
Urgent!

In all likelihood, if it isn't in bold words on their Shure page, they aren't. A dealer who is authorized to sell a product will usually advertise it like it's a special significance because it will be a mark of reliability or quality with their service. I certainly would, if I were in the business, want to advertise something like that and make it easy to see. It would help make the customer more confident about making the purchase and that's what I'd want is customer purchases.

Aug 17, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 7
well this is what they say...

Your product is backed by either the manufacturer's warranty or the warranty provided by our other quality suppliers. Open Box items are excluded from manufacturer warranty. To request more information on a product warranty prior to purchase you can check via the manufacturer's website if the product is backed by a manufacturer's warranty or contact us at: warranties@eCOST.com or call 877-888-COST (2678). Please include the eCOST.com part number: 5098733

not sure what exactly that means...

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah i've dropped them as well as shure an email...

hopefully I get some concrete answers soon. =)

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 7
but it's funny how the feedback about ecost is so extremely different. from excellent to pathetic.. it's intriguing..

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but it's funny how the feedback about ecost is so extremely different. from excellent to pathetic.. it's intriguing..

This could be one reason for the negative feedback:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...st-com-338001/

Many people ordered the im616 at the listed price of $20, but eCOST raised the price within a day and all orders locked in at the lower price were subsequently canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back