Simple Man's IEM Measurements, Impressions, Ranking of 75+ IEMs!
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 66
I have no experience with those sets in your post but massdrop is currently selling the JVC HA FDX01 @$250usd, which has three tuning filters to change sound signature.

It seems initial reviews are saying the timbre is the best part about it. I was sitting on the fence for very long but decided not to get it in the end as the FR looks like a subbass roll off and I'm a basshead unfortunately.
I'll let u know how it fares after I get mine. You're right that the bass isn't going to be prominent but it should be palpable as it's a dd. The upper mids and lower treble seem a bit hot based on graphs but we shall see how that translates.

Btw, great efforts and good thread @iems0nly ...

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 66
Thank you for putting this list together!! The timing is great, as I have been looking at IEMs again after some years away from them.
I'm looking something with great sound quality to complement my Apple AirPods and Sony WF-3000MX3 (I use truly wireless IEM for convenience at the office and working around the apartment where a wire might get in the way). I think the new Sennheiser Pro series would be a great fit for me. Maybe I will start with the IE 40 Pro. If I like the sound signature, I might upgrade to the IE 500 Pro later.
I really like your "Simple Man" approach. Like you, I will be using IEMs straight from my phone. I have no plans for an external DAC/amp. I have the iPhone X and using Apple Music and Qobus.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #23 of 66
Thank you for putting this list together!! The timing is great, as I have been looking at IEMs again after some years away from them.
I'm looking something with great sound quality to complement my Apple AirPods and Sony WF-3000MX3 (I use truly wireless IEM for convenience at the office and working around the apartment where a wire might get in the way). I think the new Sennheiser Pro series would be a great fit for me. Maybe I will start with the IE 40 Pro. If I like the sound signature, I might upgrade to the IE 500 Pro later.
I really like your "Simple Man" approach. Like you, I will be using IEMs straight from my phone. I have no plans for an external DAC/amp. I have the iPhone X and using Apple Music and Qobus.
Thanks for the feedback :)
The IE 40 Pro is one of the best sub-100 IEMs you can get. If you want more details in music, they are pretty darn good and hard to beat in the price bracket. They are also reeeaally comfortable to wear.
Their highs can get a bit hot, and the sub-bass tends to overpower when listening to bass heavy music.

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #24 of 66
Yamaha EPH-200 - Initial impressions:
Very clean sounding. Tight bass, which is all about the sub-bass. Great impact and rumble. Zero bleed.
Vocals are perfectly placed, lacks a touch of warmth.
Treble is very well tuned, greatly detailed, never sounds harsh. NOT thin sounding. Cymbals and crashed have great body.
Soundstage is really special, puts you right in the middle of music. Stage has great height and depth. Lots of over the head sounds.
Dynamic driver timbre is perfect! Loving it. I can only see this getting better over time.
Oh, and piano especially sounds great in these!

Yamaha EPH200 measurements:
Yamaha EPH200 LR.JPG
Yamaha EPH200 Avg.JPG

Vs Ocharaku Donguri Ti Plus:
Yamaha EPH200 Vs Donguri Keyaki Ti Plus.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #25 of 66
Fender Puresonic Wired - new unit measured
I had to return my first unit because i noticed a high frequency screech when i activated the microphone.
However, the microphone behaves the exact same way. Can't use them for calls, cannot record voice. All we can hear is a high frequency noise.
Strangely, the microphone worked perfectly well in my Laptop. HTC10s could not handle them. Every other headset with mic works just fine on my HTC10.
Anyway., i'm gonna keep these Fenders anyway. This new unit has better channel matching than the last one.

Fender Puresonic Wired LR.JPG

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #28 of 66
I'm wondering how you gonna rank eph-200, probably my next purchase :D
I'm actually working on the EPH200 review right now. Should be ready by tonight, in another 8-10 hours :)
Still haven't done the comparisons. Planning to A-B against MEE P1, ibasso IT01s, FXT90, IE40 pro, Donguri Brass.
The outcome will decide the ranking :)

Dec 29, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #30 of 66
" If an IEM has more than 3 drivers I will not buy it"

This is arbitrary. remove this requirement

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back