Simphonio audio Vr1 TotL
Jul 21, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #16 of 32
Same concern for Europe.. too bad I really want to get me a TOTL single driver type iem.. really love what the absolute coherency produce..
anyhow @Infoseeker or others are you still in love with a few months of practice with these underated beauties?
I just ordered a senheiser ie 900 but I was lurking on the V1R and the softears TURII..
I like a bass slightly elevated with good speed and punch.. how do the V1R stand on that register .. thanks

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #17 of 32
Same concern for Europe.. too bad I really want to get me a TOTL single driver type iem.. really love what the absolute coherency produce..
anyhow @Infoseeker or others are you still in love with a few months of practice with these underated beauties?
I just ordered a senheiser ie 900 but I was lurking on the V1R and the softears TURII..
I like a bass slightly elevated with good speed and punch.. how do the V1R stand on that register .. thanks
I got both VR1 and Ie900.

When it comes treble extension, the Ie900 wins

Simphonio vr1 wins for being having very good bass extension, to bass,, to mids to upper-mids. Really good pinna and slight bass elevated warm tonality.

Ie900 takes some brain burn-in to get used to its upper-mids/lower treble scoop. But beyond the upper-mids/lower treble, the treble extension & treble etch is nice.

Simphonio VR1 feels dark when compared side-by-side with the ie900's extreme treble extension. But sounds better tonality-wise due to the perfect bass/mids.

Both are amazing sets that I would function as the only set to own. (Extra note,, Ie900 also has great bass despite the small driver size. Though it specializes with synth bass)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #18 of 32
I got both VR1 and Ie900.

When it comes treble extension, the Ie900 wins

Simphonio vr1 wins for being have very good bass extension, to bass,, to mids to upper-mids. Really good pinna and slight bass elevated warm tonality.

Ie900 takes some brain burn-in to get used to its upper-mids scoop. But beyond the upper-mids, the treble extension & etch is nice.

Simphonio VR1 feels dark when compared side-by-side with the ie900's extreme treble extension. But sounds better tonality-wise due to the perfect bass/mids.

Both are amazing sets that I would function as the only set to own. (Extra note,, Ie900 also has great bass despite the small driver size. Though it fares best with synth bass)
Thanks so much.. it helps a lot !!

Aug 25, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 32
Super interested in this IEM as well

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #20 of 32
This is my most loved IEM, it has this amazing neutral/warm tonality, which limited to what you connect it to.

Just bare in mind, you need a good cable for it. I'm still looking for it.

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #21 of 32
I was thinking of buying a VR1 for my C9 pls sp2000, I did listen to VR1 with my sp2000 before but really haven't try it with c9, is it going to be a big difference if I have listen it with Cayin C9 ? or is there other chose for a DD earphone, I don't care about the price range but the best experience.

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #22 of 32
I haven't tried the C9 with VR1, but for VR1 you need a good amount of voltage (tube) but on a neutral side of things. VR1 is already warm-neutral.
I love how VR1 pairs with LP6 Gold, for me that is a 10/10 synergy.

I think VR1 should pair nicely with SP2000.

Sep 14, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #23 of 32
Lets pretend I am a dumb jerk, I might say the HBB Mele IEM has a near identical shell to the VR1. I may even be correct.

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #24 of 32
Lets pretend I am a dumb jerk, I might say the HBB Mele IEM has a near identical shell to the VR1. I may even be correct.

Similar material and polishing finish. But different shape and no jewel faceplate. VR1 is a more smaller ergonomic shape (and with a longer nozzle), and has a literal jewel faceplate (mele is some kind of mixed paint/resin design).
vr1-1.jpg

00070672ba4205a00f6da44b5ec0954800b01f89-1.jpeg

VR1 also has a bigger driver 14.2mm driver. (In terms of area, that would be a whole other pizza and double the calories!)

Also the VR1 does this with a driver design that is similar to what Dunu and Focal did with their dynamic driver that will jump around in excursion; so adding another bass control timbre detail to the presentation. Though in this case, the driver is so big it doesnt need to move as much (in comparison to the 10mm Luna driver) to perform and return to its initial position.
VR1 wins in technicalities. (Against mele, not against the Luna. And Luna even more ahead EQ'd)

Melee and VR1 tonality are both pretty nice, but got that traditional single-dd treble roll-off. Though in the VR1's case it can extend into the treble, but needs an 3db eq high shelf for it. (Still sounds perfect without the eq with its great bass, mids and upper mids)

Luna also my favorite with its quirks to cope with.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #25 of 32
I haven't tried the C9 with VR1, but for VR1 you need a good amount of voltage (tube) but on a neutral side of things. VR1 is already warm-neutral.
I love how VR1 pairs with LP6 Gold, for me that is a 10/10 synergy.

I think VR1 should pair nicely with SP2000.
Yeah I do own a couple of great cables something like pw metropolis Ft 50s, Eura audio tawa and Mirro , Hansound audio Redcore and also the OSLO from japan. I think metropolis and tawa will be great fit to VR1! But I'm also wondering why Simphonio never have discount on any IEMs, I asked Linsoul audio to asked for a price discount and they told me the company doesn't not have any discount for any of their product...

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #26 of 32
also guys I'm looking for iems that is great for jazz and classical music with wide soundstage. The widest soundstage iem I currently have is the EE Odin, but I'm somehow found the Odin is not great that great for classical music in my personal experience but however listening to jazz are doing really well. I dont know if VR1 will be a great fit for me in.

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #27 of 32
also guys I'm looking for iems that is great for jazz and classical music with wide soundstage. The widest soundstage iem I currently have is the EE Odin, but I'm somehow found the Odin is not great that great for classical music in my personal experience but however listening to jazz are doing really well. I dont know if VR1 will be a great fit for me in.

You probably want something multi-driver like a Mest/VE7/U12T if you want a wider soundstage for Jazz.

Right such iems don't got the coherence of a single-dd, but their incoherence comes as a strength for soundstaging in terms of imaging and seperation.
(assuming it doesn't cause too much an uncanny valley feeling for you)

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #28 of 32
I do own Ve7 and VE8 and most of my iems art multi drivers, that is why I’m looking in to a DD iems or something like Z1r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back