Simon Cowell says he making the best
Sep 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 83
XB series on steroids? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 83
sorry im holding out for Punchy Bass by Vitali Klitschko

if you're going to pick a celebrity who has essentially nothing to do with music then at least pick a cool one 

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 83
Gonna be better than Beats that's for sure. The pricing ($299) and emphasis on style and bass makes it obvious that these X headphones are targeting the Beats Studio line.

Hopefully these headphones will be good enough to shed some light on the people who fall for the Beats trap.

Here's some more pics and specs from the main site:
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666485862#overview

They kind of look like Ultrasones? And from the pictures it appears they are on-ear, not over-ear O.o

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 83
They don't look like Ultrasones to me, other than having some shiny metal.

I like the plain black plastic professional audio gear look personally, but I can still see how these will eat away at Beats sales. They're more attractive by far and the build quality looks better

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 83
I agree, Dr. Dre must be racking his head right now for marketing lies that'll make the Xphones look bad :p

This a big step up from the cheap flimsy plastic of the Studios. Material and quality look a lot better as well, something that would appeal to adults rather than teenagers. Good to know that the potential Beats killer might be finally here. Wouldn't mind to see more of these out on the street.

And the advertised memory neoprene ear cups sounds interesting. The OP has a link to an article that says these cans will be in retail stores by the end of the month. Hopefully I will get a chance to try them.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #12 of 83
Quote:
I agree, Dr. Dre must be racking his head right now for marketing lies that'll make the Xphones look bad
tongue.gif

This a big step up from the cheap flimsy plastic of the Studios. Material and quality look a lot better as well, something that would appeal to adults rather than teenagers. Good to know that the potential Beats killer might be finally here. Wouldn't mind to see more of these out on the street.
And the advertised memory neoprene ear cups sounds interesting. The OP has a link to an article that says these cans will be in retail stores by the end of the month. Hopefully I will get a chance to try them.

You mean Beats.co, Dre is probably too busy using a pair of AKG/AT/Sony/etc headphones to notice. :p

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #13 of 83
So are they just the XB900's with a new paint job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back