Simgot EN700 Bass Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jun 13, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #16 of 30
I wish I could write as fast as you! My reviews take longer to be ready...

My fit with EN700 is excellent actually, I'm not sure why. They were really uncomfortable for the first 5 minutes, then I found a sweet spot and now they fit really well.

They don't touch my ear except for the tips, basically the IEM body doesn't sit on ear, but the weight is low enough for them to sit comfortably by resting on their tips and ear hooks. Although I was skeptical at first, the fit became excellent after some playing around. I also really fancy their treble, intriguing offering at this price range!

Can't wait to read your thoughts!

Spot on George, I think I get the earphones quite quickly since shipping from Asia is fast to Australia. As far as comfort goes, they're perfectly fine, but I did find slight discomfort after a few hours even after fiddling with the angle and eartips but I might just have small ears. And even then, it was just mild, I would consider them a comfortable earphone, they're just not perfectly comfortable like the Oriveti and Klipsch earphones and even the Fiio F5.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 30
The Simgot EN700 Bass:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...oil-dynamic-driver-earphone-red.22212/reviews
20170614_220933.jpg

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #21 of 30
I just purchased the blue one and should have it in my hands soon. Looking forward to hearing what it can deliver...

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #22 of 30
I just purchased the blue one and should have it in my hands soon. Looking forward to hearing what it can deliver...

I know one person who seemingly can't take them off, so they are considerably good for some people. In my honest opinion, EN700 BASS is kinda like Oriveti New Primacy - they are overlooked because people don't talk enough about them, but those who do discover them have an awesome time with them.

Aug 5, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #23 of 30
I listened to my pair yesterday for the first time in a long time (too many IEMs to choose from and a few to review that I need to listen to).

Still really impressed by their organic and natural sound for the price. The highs may not be the most pronounced but they are very refined. The midrange is so smooth and pleasing, and the bass is full but not overwhelm.

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #24 of 30
I got my blues last night and listened for 15 minutes. Got distracted watching Rick and Morty. Very tricky to get proper placement in the ear. Too far in and it loses all oomph (a technical term). Once I found the proper tip/placement combo, was actually enjoying these. I will post more impressions and pictures later this week.So far, seems like a good piece.

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 30
I got my blues last night and listened for 15 minutes. Got distracted watching Rick and Morty. Very tricky to get proper placement in the ear. Too far in and it loses all oomph (a technical term). Once I found the proper tip/placement combo, was actually enjoying these. I will post more impressions and pictures later this week.So far, seems like a good piece.

Woah

I can't actually get them too far in my ears easily, but I'm glad that you found a happy spot with them!

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #26 of 30
X5iii, A5 and EN700 Bass

upload_2017-8-8_17-34-52.png

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #27 of 30
How do the FiiO F9 hold up against the Simgot EN700 Bass ?

I cannot decide between them. After just buying the Kinera H3, and finding very bass lacking I need to keep looking for a pair of IEMs to replace my current TFZ Series 5S (I am selling the Kinera H3).

Would the Simgot EN700 Bass be a good replacement at this price point?, In my local store the FiiO F9 and the Simgot EN700 Bass are exactly the same price.

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #28 of 30
How do the FiiO F9 hold up against the Simgot EN700 Bass ?

I cannot decide between them. After just buying the Kinera H3, and finding very bass lacking I need to keep looking for a pair of IEMs to replace my current TFZ Series 5S (I am selling the Kinera H3).

Would the Simgot EN700 Bass be a good replacement at this price point?, In my local store the FiiO F9 and the Simgot EN700 Bass are exactly the same price.

It would be really good if you could listen to it yourself, so you can decide about this.

I'm still waiting for F9, but EN700 BASS didn't disappoint in any way so far, still I don't know how they compare. EN700 BASS has a very natural midrange, but has a little smoother top end, not sure if this is what you're looking for. Again, can't speak about how it compares to F9 yet.

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #29 of 30
I'll be getting my hands on some EN700 Pro soon, will be interesting to test them side by side with the Bass to see if the cable changes the sound. Its also great as a future proof design if the cable on the original fails.

Aug 27, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #30 of 30
I just got these the other day and I agree! The fit is very weird for me and nothing like I've experienced. Usually with most IEM's I just grab the biggest tip and thrust them into my ear and get a pretty good fit most of the time and I'm done. With these those if I go a little too far I actually lose sound as I start to get my typical go to seal which usually works for me. I have to stick them in and then slowly pull them out to get a sweet spot where everything sounds as it should but not pull too far out as I totally lose even the little seal I had and I've lost the bass. When I do hit that "sweet spot" I'll admit they sound amazing to me. One of the better IEM's I've heard if the not the best at this price(previous was One More Triples), just so natural sounding with really nothing that it doesn't do quite well. I'm still torn on these however due to the fit issue as I find sometimes I get distracted with the fit as I'm listening (Do I have a good enough seal, etc..)-I feel like these are at home relaxing IEM's as again I feel the fit is so fragile and sensitive to placement that I can't really move around too much.Still experimenting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back