Simgot EN700 Bass Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
Hello everyone!

I've been getting interested in the new Simgot EN700 Bass edition IEM since I've noticed a lot of positive reviews for them. I didn't see an official thread for this one so I thought we should have one!

Seems that Simgot have improved over their original EN700 design by addressing all complaints and it seems that the signature is now improved as well.

It also looks like they've introduced a whole set of colors and now that I looked over the official Simgot site, it looks like the blue version comes with transparent tips. I don't know if this is true and someone who owns the blue variant can confirm, this post will be updated accordingly!

Official English Page:

http://www.simgot.com/en/products/detail/7.html#!/detail

From the manufacturer page:

EN700BSAA%E4%BA%A7%E5%93%81%E8%AF%A6%E6%83%85%E5%9B%BEE1.jpg

EN700BSAA%E4%BA%A7%E5%93%81%E8%AF%A6%E6%83%85%E5%9B%BEE2.jpg

EN700BSAA%E4%BA%A7%E5%93%81%E8%AF%A6%E6%83%85%E5%9B%BEE3.jpg

EN700BSAA%E4%BA%A7%E5%93%81%E8%AF%A6%E6%83%85%E5%9B%BE%E5%96%87%E5%8F%ADEE.jpg

%E4%BD%A9%E6%88%B4%E5%9B%BEE.jpg

%E7%BA%BF%E6%9D%90E.jpg

%E7%88%86%E7%82%B8%E5%9B%BEE.jpg

%E9%85%8D%E4%BB%B6%E5%9B%BEE.jpg

Specifications & parameters
  • Transducer unit 
    N50 high magnetic composite moving-coil driver
  • Diaphragm 
    Polymer composite titanizing diaphragm
  • Frequency responce
    15Hz-40kHz
  • Sensitivity 
    ≥101dB(at 1000Hz)
  • Impedance 
    16Ω
  • Distortion 
    <1% 101dB(20μpa)
  • Channel imbalance 
    <1.5dB(at 1000Hz)
  • Rated power 
    10mW
  • Cable 
    OFC braided wire with 400D DuPont KEVLAR fibre

My understanding is that EN700 Bass is a dynamic, one driver IEM that makes an interesting entrance to the $100 range. I do have one incoming, so I'll have my thoughts to share about it, but until then I'm curious what everybody else thinks about them!

EDIT1::: I forgot to add that I'm not related, affiliated or anything to Simgot, just thought that we should have a thread for their EN700 BASS IEM.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 30
Spinfits work really well with the EN700 Bass by the way :)

May 21, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 30
This is very handy to know!

I should really be getting both a spin fit pair of tips and a HM5 pad pair for testing purposes!

How do you feel about EN700 Bass by the way? I haven't heard one yet and I'm pretty curious about them!

Their main strengths are a natural timbre and wide soundstage. They are just very easy to listen to.

They are not the most refined, or neutral, but they offer a fatigue free and very organic sound which is actually very good. The build quality is superb too.

May 22, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 30
Their main strengths are a natural timbre and wide soundstage. They are just very easy to listen to.

They are not the most refined, or neutral, but they offer a fatigue free and very organic sound which is actually very good. The build quality is superb too.

Nice!

I'm also happy to see you're enjoying them so much!

Natural timbre is always nice to have!

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 30
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 30

My impressions video

Very interesting video!

I am working on my review right now! EN700 Bass surely is impressive for me! What I like is how they got a natural presentation, and I gotta admit, everyone commending their build quality was right, aluminium and they look beautiful in person. Comfortable as well!

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 30
I recently got my hands on a few of the outstanding $100-110 earphones, the TFZ King, K3 Pro, Oriveti Basic and the EN700 Bass. I actually think the EN700 Bass is the most refined, it is far more natural than the King and K3 Pro but also more balanced than the Basic. The fit is a bit awkward, I personally didn't have a good experience with the angling of the cable as it leaves the earphone and isolation is average, but as aforementioned, the soundstage is fantastic and the treble is some of the most natural and linear I've heard around this price. They're also entirely constructed from aluminium, I wasn't expecting them to feel so good in the hand and they look like miniature HE-1000's which I'm always down for! I'll have my review on Head-fi in a few days, some might find the comparisons interesting.

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 30
I recently got my hands on a few of the outstanding $100-110 earphones, the TFZ King, K3 Pro, Oriveti Basic and the EN700 Bass. I actually think the EN700 Bass is the most refined, it is far more natural than the King and K3 Pro but also more balanced than the Basic. The fit is a bit awkward, I personally didn't have a good experience with the angling of the cable as it leaves the earphone and isolation is average, but as aforementioned, the soundstage is fantastic and the treble is some of the most natural and linear I've heard around this price. They're also entirely constructed from aluminium, I wasn't expecting them to feel so good in the hand and they look like miniature HE-1000's which I'm always down for! I'll have my review on Head-fi in a few days, some might find the comparisons interesting.

I wish I could write as fast as you! My reviews take longer to be ready...

My fit with EN700 is excellent actually, I'm not sure why. They were really uncomfortable for the first 5 minutes, then I found a sweet spot and now they fit really well.

They don't touch my ear except for the tips, basically the IEM body doesn't sit on ear, but the weight is low enough for them to sit comfortably by resting on their tips and ear hooks. Although I was skeptical at first, the fit became excellent after some playing around. I also really fancy their treble, intriguing offering at this price range!

Can't wait to read your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back