SilverFi D-2 vs.Oyaide DR-510 Digital cables & SilverFi Spirit SG vs. Rumi SG interconnects REVIEW
Nov 21, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #243 of 254
Sorry for the delay in the comparisons guys. (I have been recovering from a nasty white tail spider bite, which has completely put me out of action, unable to move around much & other physical pain).
Anyway I am feeling better today as the antibiotics are finally kicking in & able to at least walk some.

OK, I will try & describe to you my thoughts on the 2 cables from Silver fi. 
Firstly a few months back, I was telling a friend about these cables & his interest was instant. He has over 30 years experience in both hearing many different components including cables & selling Hifi.
His go to cables are Analysis Plus Silver & according to him these are the ants pants. So after hearing my glowing report over firstly the tour program & now the Silk, Isfahan combo, he arranged a time where he would find out for himself. Now I wont go into this meeting to much as his time was rather short as he is very busy. The outcome was that Analysis Plus cable had this amazing transparency that even I had not heard which basically made the music envelop you. To describe this is like listening to a home surround sound system, truly amazing. We then played with the Silver fi cables & although we did not get that same level of transparency even he himself was forced to admit that the Silver fi Silk cable was the superior cable. The music stage was there not as wide, but everything meaning every instrument was easily honed in on. with our eyes closed we both could hear where every musician was. His words were I have found the new King.
 In my listening I can't help noticing that there was a wonderful sense of air around the instruments. This cable was able to bring out everything in a recording every last drop if you like so to speak without being harsh or grainy. The highs just sparkled & shimmered. The important mid range also became more clear & both Male & female vocals were palpably real to the extent that you felt them in the room. The bass was robust & full while never becoming smeared. The fingers were audibly heard as the they plucked at the strings. I love hearing the bass in my music, & this is where the body of the song is. 

To even try & help you gauge the level of quality. I have 2 staffordshire bull terrier's & they are very alert dogs, now even they at times in a recording where a human voice came in, turned swiftly in the direction of the sound & thus ventured over & inquisitively looked around, now I have never heard this amount of realism...

In my system as I mentioned earlier, I am running a passive pre so I can safely employ both the Silk & Isfahan cables from it to the Tom Evans power amp.
I tried both cables this way & also from my dac to pre. I found the biggest difference was the Pre to Power route.

To give you a little idea on the sound. I am using  Rethm's TOTL Saadhana speakers & to my ears they are a tad heavy in the mid bass area, although I have been playing them in for quite a few months but by all accounts they take a staggering amount of time to truly settle. In this regard then, I found the Isfahan cable to be a tad too much goodness. Meaning its sound while being very coherent & displaying all the quality's of the Silk was to my ears a little too bottom heavy giving that mid bass hump a little too much prominence & the sparkle was not as noticeable as say the Silk. But please I am really splitting hairs here. This was after long listening sessions & it wasn't night & day difference. If I had not heard the Silk I would have been quite happy.

I would strongly recommend these to someone looking for that bite in lower section that he is missing. My thoughts are that it would be great for say using as an interconnect in a HD800 rig.

You know they say you don't know what you had till its gone. So with this in mind, I put in my old interconnects made of copper from Amber. Wow talking bout the the day the music died....was this my same system?
everything sounded lifeless & sterile, I was no longer enjoying my music. I thought well maybe I needed to let my brain get acclimatised to the sound? well after 3 songs I could not listen any longer.
Gone was my desire to listen to music. This might sound drastic but I can only call it like it is.
With me, It is once I have heard better I can no longer go back. 

I soon gave in I had heard enough & the Silk Isfahan cables came back into play. Ahhhh Yes the wonderful magic was back. The realism, liveliness the rich tones & that lifelike sound.
I Liken it to being transported from the cellar back to my premium seats in  the concert hall.

Well my final thoughts are that indeed Sezai has delivered again. I honestly don't know how he does it. (Or else I would be doing it) Seriously though, I thought the Rumi cable was amazing, & it is but then he raises the bar again & produces such gems as the Isfahan & The Silk that go a step further in that they are able to glean even more out of your music than you thought possible. Bringing you what your systems true potential can  offer. When you have a spent so much time energy & financial commitment to your system, at the very least you will  want to make sure you are getting it sounding at its best, then I can highly recommend the cables that I have been so fortunate to try from the Silver fi stable. I have been bitten by a nasty insect but even that could not wipe the smile off my face when those seemingly magical cables were those vital unclotted arteries pumping all that information, extracting every last drop of goodness to my system.

Please visit the Silver fi Blog section & read more about these wonderful cables & their prices.
http://silverfi.blogspot.com.tr

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #244 of 254
Thanks a lot maguire, great write up, agree with every word mate. Good thing about SilverFi cables, which you point it out as well, you dont have to buy the most expensive of their line to fall in love with them.

Good stuff.

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #246 of 254
Silver Fi have some specials on their cables at the moment....
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #248 of 254
My close friend @MikePortnoy sent over his SilverFi iem2 cable and I am really, really impressed. It is really one of the best cables I've heard, including >$500 cables. It has such a special tone; so realistic but in a very beautiful way. Smooth, with just the right amount of warmth and note thickness. It's hard to imagine this is just the entry model.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #249 of 254
Great to hear that you enjoyed the iem2, personally I have never heard any of Silverfi's headphone cables. But if they are anything like Sezai's interconnects ( By the way you summed these up)
then they would be very special indeed. Thanks for the feedback on your experience with it flinknick.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #250 of 254
Good to see one extra happy user, congrats!

Maybe you can compare SilverFi to some you already own or tried and summarize this in bit extensive impressions.

THX

Quote:
  My close friend @MikePortnoy sent over his SilverFi iem2 cable and I am really, really impressed. It is really one of the best cables I've heard, including >$500 cables. It has such a special tone; so realistic but in a very beautiful way. Smooth, with just the right amount of warmth and note thickness. It's hard to imagine this is just the entry model.

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #252 of 254
I have tested the Silverfi Silk on a smaller system with the Rethm Marga's which by the way are just so revealing....
The Silk proved once again just how outstanding it was. It was night & day difference to my regular copper interconnects. The sound improved in every way. Just so much information was presented to the point where it sounded veiled in comparison. Yes the Silk is that good.
Too bad my main system could not take these as they are unshielded & produced noise, or else I would have them without any hesitation. To anyone who wants super quality cables to get the best out of their system can offer I highly recommend these.
Unfortunately I was unable to purchase at this time due to my paying off my pre. But I know that this is the best cable I have sampled so far & I will one day have one made for me, even if for the second system, Which by the way is no slouch & with this cable in it just finishes it off perfectly. But the heartbreaking thing for me is now they are out of my system...
I know it will be hard for me to listen now without the Silk..... Back to the veiled sensation...Honestly I havent played much music since I had them posted back.....

Thank you so much Sezai, for your kindness in letting me try out these wonderful cables & for the patience you showed in waiting many months for my Pre to arrive, Pity about the outcome on that ( Not your fault)  but I am definitely interested & will be in touch once I get the Pre sorted. I just have to, I cant go back....

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #253 of 254
  I have tested the Silverfi Silk on a smaller system with the Rethm Marga's which by the way are just so revealing....
The Silk proved once again just how outstanding it was. It was night & day difference to my regular copper interconnects. The sound improved in every way. Just so much information was presented to the point where it sounded veiled in comparison. Yes the Silk is that good.
Too bad my main system could not take these as they are unshielded & produced noise, or else I would have them without any hesitation. To anyone who wants super quality cables to get the best out of their system can offer I highly recommend these.
Unfortunately I was unable to purchase at this time due to my paying off my pre. But I know that this is the best cable I have sampled so far & I will one day have one made for me, even if for the second system, Which by the way is no slouch & with this cable in it just finishes it off perfectly. But the heartbreaking thing for me is now they are out of my system...
I know it will be hard for me to listen now without the Silk..... Back to the veiled sensation...Honestly I havent played much music since I had them posted back.....

Thank you so much Sezai, for your kindness in letting me try out these wonderful cables & for the patience you showed in waiting many months for my Pre to arrive, Pity about the outcome on that ( Not your fault)  but I am definitely interested & will be in touch once I get the Pre sorted. I just have to, I cant go back....

Nice impressions mate. 
redface.gif
  I am glad to see that you enjoy Silk. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back