SilverFi D-2 vs.Oyaide DR-510 Digital cables & SilverFi Spirit SG vs. Rumi SG interconnects REVIEW
Oct 2, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #33 of 254
I have in my hands, three pair of balanced cables. Thank you Jules for getting them here. It's going to be a busy time for me but I'll make the time to use them justly.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #35 of 254
Just took the time to pop in the Shaman. I just love silver sound. The ease and clarity at low volumes are beautiful.

Burning in the Rumi now. The live recordings are putting a grin on this face. The open window to the sound is truly like being there. I was lucky to have seen Fleetwood Mac tour The Dance. Silver Spring puts chills to my back. The triangle has such a beautiful resonating tone. Govi's Spanish Guitar gives you the feel of the hand work on the neck as his picking resonates with the violin interplay. Color me impressed.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #42 of 254
after juices of fresh pomegranate and carob are extracted  both are slowly boiled on wood fire. 1 spoon full of both is very good for body,veins and both are strong antioxidants. you should try it.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #43 of 254
I had carob syrup once in Malta. The lady who sold it to me spent 15mins telling me about all of the health benefits of the stuff!

That aside, how are the reviews coming along?

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #44 of 254
Ok, this is my take on listening the last couple weeks and doing some comparisons the last two days.

Signal: Flac 44.1/16 Foobar(no DSP)> Straightwire Starlight USB> Lynx Hilo> review cables> Rotel RMB-100 125w monoblocks> HE-6 (standard cable)

My normal wires were the Emotiva stranded copper balanced 1 m.

Music live material

Shaman- The sound brightens up more with a better balance of tone and timbre. The soundstage was relaxed and natural sounding. The acoustic string has a sweeter ring to it and the vocals more pronounced and exposed. The music was easier to hear at lower volumes with more information being heard.

Spirit- The music opens up even more with more of the signal being heard. I could hear more of the stage sounds clearly and the soundstage expanded. The decay was longer with a more complex sound. I just got more emotion out of the music and kept me more attentive.

Rumi- I listened to this the most as it's the best presentation of all. The soundstage was full and expansive. The crowd noise was very directional and clear. The little ques like throat clearing, the shuffling of the bodies as they settle down from an applause, the decay of laughter and conversations. The sound of the instruments were positioned across the stage instead of the three blob positioning I'm used to. It was a noticeable improvement over the other two and reminded me more of a speaker presentation with a more 3-d feel to it.

The instruments and vocals are the best I've heard from my system to date. The delicate instruments were distinct and well exposed in relationship to the rest of the instruments. You can hear the full body of each note just as clearly as you'd hear it live. The weight of drums are impactful and very real sounding. The texture of the skin and the snap of the stick just jumps out. MIck Fleetwood is so aggressive and you could follow every drum in the kit. If I could use a cliche, there was a film removed from the sound. Electronics were not just a massive wall of sound but very detailed. The marching drums in Tusk on The Dance were very noticeable when they marched onto the stage, they would swing the drums from side to side and you could notice the pitch change coming from front to back as they came across the stage. The growl of the organ resonated with a clear edge at the bottom instead of turning fuzzy and ill defined. Christie's piano was pure and her voice as mesmerizing as sitting in the crowd. The vocals of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in the 60s had a purity of voice that just meshed so well. Crosby and Nash in particular could harmonize like few others and the presentation drew me into their vocals like I remember them live. When you have that little grin on your face when you hear things in your music that you've never heard after hearing the same pieces for decades, you know there's something working right. Call it synergy, call it magic, call it placebo. But the emotion and gratification I get listening to these cables leaves me wishing I could keep them here.

I put the Emotiva back in just to make sure I wasn't fooling myself and the sound reverted back to a darker, less dynamic, compressed presentation.

I am very impressed with the clarity and natural sound these cables gave. It was more realistic than I've been accustomed to and I've not been this engaged with my music since I got my HE-6. Now that I know how real my music can be presented, I'm motivated to finish my last tweak of cables and silver has given me the most real sound yet. I will try the purer copper before spending as silver is pretty expensive but I won't compromise now that I've heard these cables. That Rumi is one special cable.

Thank you Sezai for the time you've given me with your special products. It has been a joy to experience and you've convinced me there are differences in cables. It's not that it changes the signal but lets more of the signal through without any impact on it. So much so that I'm baffled science can't figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back