Silver Audio Appassionata IC
May 25, 2002 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pigmode

Truck-Fi
Just a few quick notes for now.

The Appassionata has replaced the AZ Matrix between Preamp/power amps. In the process, they have revealed the limitations of the Matrix in my system, where they had bloated the bass and mdrange to some extent and had no where near the highend resolution and air of the Appassionatta. The Appassionata also brought an astonishing increase in bass extention and quality.

A side effect, is that some of my favorite CDs now have a somewhat fatigueing quality that was not present before. The Matrix was more forgiving of lesser quality CDs, while the Appassionata takes good quality discs to another level. The highend resolution of these cables is breathtaking.

May 25, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
I forgot to mention that the Appassionata lacks the sugar-coated sweetness of the Matrix in the midband, and in exchange has a compelling sense of immediacy, attack, and decay, while still retaining that same rich tonality.

May 25, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 5
I would really like to try one in my system, I have owned Hyacinth and Silver Bullet 4 ICs in the past.

Did you get this used (I hope for your wallet's sake) and how much are they going for now? They also look super sweet which is a bonus
cool.gif

BTW we need a green icon face to denote when people are
jealous/lustful.........heh,heh,heh

May 26, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
I would really like to try one in my system, I have owned Hyacinth and Silver Bullet 4 ICs in the past.

Did you get this used (I hope for your wallet's sake) and how much are they going for now? They also look super sweet which is a bonus
cool.gif

BTW we need a green icon face to denote when people are
jealous/lustful.........heh,heh,heh

I have the Silver Bullet 4.0 at source/preamp. I thought briefly of replacing that with another pair of Appassionata, but the 4.0 is supposed to have a slightly more forward mid, which works well in my system I think. Some important lessons on component matching and system synergy have been learned through this exercise of cable experimentation. One of the most important is to stop while you're ahead.
wink.gif

The Appassionata goes for $600./.5 m. I paid retail, but Max at Silver Audio remembered that I had asked about these cables earlier, so on his own he decided to grandfather the old price for me. Yes, I was very pleased!

May 26, 2002 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Apassionatas are very hard to find used, every once in a while I see one at Audiogon. I wonder how it would compare to AZ silver reference........hmmmmmm.

>>>>>>
One of the most important is to stop while you're ahead.
<<<<<<

Yes but every time I think I'm done I find another cable that is just a little better
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back