Silver +1% Gold IEM Cables
May 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 14
Pure Silver should be fine, you don't need to pay $50 extra for 1% Gold, unless it's only to feel special.

May 26, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Any idea about this cable for shure?

http://hplaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=193

a bit of a gamble without reviews. I think Toxic cables  has a similar cable which received positive reviews.

I tried a few copper cables, silver plated copper, silver, gold, and silver with small % of gold in it. to me, the latter wins, hands down.

if you're prepared to spend $200 on a headphone cable, might as well rise it to $250 and get something that will positively make a difference. ymmv

May 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 14
Lenni likes Piccolino cables. 
wink.gif

May 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 14
biggrin.gif
 Crystal Cables is one of the few genuine audiophile products. it's the real deal. and the good thing about it is their entry-level cable will be almost as good as their top-ends. worth every cent.

May 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 14
a bit of a gamble without reviews. I think Toxic cables  has a similar cable which received positive reviews.

I tried a few copper cables, silver plated copper, silver, gold, and silver with small % of gold in it. to me, the latter wins, hands down.

if you're prepared to spend $200 on a headphone cable, might as well rise it to $250 and get something that will positively make a difference. ymmv

You mean, for Shure iem silver with copper is better than silver with gold, right?

May 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 14
Silver has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, Gold doesn't, crystal certainly doesn't.

They don't use crystal cables in space stations, fibre optics are nice and fast though.

May 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:
You mean, for Shure iem silver with copper is better than silver with gold, right?

I mean cables in general - silver with small % of gold work best.

Quote:
Silver has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, Gold doesn't, crystal certainly doesn't.

that's correct. gold on its own is not as good as silver. not sure what you mean what crystal doesn't.

Quote:
They don't use crystal cables in space stations, fibre optics are nice and fast though.

no they don't. because CC was built for audio components - not space communications. get it? 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
LOL, I missed that. jeez...

Alright.  So which Silver cable with a small % of Gold did you audition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back