Sik Din vs. Pocketdock - any SQ differences?
post-1426522
Post #1 of 6

DAYTA

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm looking to use my Ipod as my portable source, but I haven't yet decided which line-out adapter to get just yet. Anyone have any thoughts (based on comparative experiences) over which adapter is better in terms of SQ: Sik Din or Pocketdock?

I would imagine that because the Sik Din uses a dongle (as opposed to the Pocketdock's soldered port) that the Sik Din would run the risk of losing a SQ battle, but I really have no idea.

post-1426599
Post #2 of 6

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I only have a SiK din, I use the regular female input one in my car and the male input ram din one with my headphone amp. They both perform great. The pocket dock i've heard has some quality control issues which effect sound quality. If you get a good pocket dock, it should sound about the same as a Sik din. Otherwise, I think the iPod itself is the weakest link as far as sound quality.

post-1426693
Post #3 of 6

jpr703

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I own both the Sik and the PocketDock. To me the PD sounds just a tad better--and by tad, I mean just a tad. However, the PD doesn't lock into place like the Sik and it's too fat to work with some cases. I had to take a Dremel to my Contour Showcase to make it work.

post-1426839
Post #4 of 6

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
I own both the Sik and the PocketDock. To me the PD sounds just a tad better--and by tad, I mean just a tad. However, the PD doesn't lock into place like the Sik and it's too fat to work with some cases. I had to take a Dremel to my Contour Showcase to make it work.

Isn't it impossible to compare apple to apples b/c one is comparing Sik Din vs. PD + your cable? I agree the ability to change out cables to your liking is an advantage..

post-1426889
Post #5 of 6

chrisfromalbany

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Isn't it impossible to compare apple to apples b/c one is comparing Sik Din vs. PD + your cable? I agree the ability to change out cables to your liking is an advantage..

Anyone have the "Moon-Audio PocketDock". I don't see a link on the Moon-Audio page for it. I guess it is 70-80 dollars and that I guess is the best. Not sure 80 dollars is worth it though.

http://ipodstudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1592

post-1428789
Post #6 of 6

DAYTA

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I was looking at the Moon-audio hardwire mod on their website, and it definitely does look interesting (most likely it will a provide a sonic improvement, albeit a subtle one).

However, the more I think about it, the more that mod limits your uses for the Pocketdock. For instance, if you decided you wanted to connect your Ipod into your home stereo rig via the line out and RCAs, you'd be stuck since the mini plug is already hardwired into the Pocketdock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)