sijosae praise thread
May 17, 2008 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fiddler

Headphoneus Supremus
I know most of you know of him, but just in case you haven't had a chance to admire his work, and if you do DIY and enjoy it, you should bookmark this page. This man's got the SPIRIT of DIY, and does absolutely beautiful work, so the link to his page deserves to be reposted.

Sijosae's DIY Gallery

That is all.

May 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 5
I certainly agree about the beauty of his work. His Poorman's Zen amp is one of my favorites. He hasn't been around here for quite a while. I think he said he built over 100 amps, so maybe he maxed out on this activity

F

May 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 5
He's a real inspiration, especially for us breadborders. Don't leave amp-design to designers only - just do it, it's not so difficult
wink.gif

May 18, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 5
It wasn't truly portable in the sense that Pete Millett's tube amp is portable and runs off a battery. Sijosae's amp was a compact implementation of the YAHA amp using one of the micro tubes ( damn fine implementation ) but still needed a wallwart to supply the necessary power. There have been a few variations of this amp - mostly posted in the YAHA thread over at headwize..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back