Sign that the world will end
Oct 30, 2002 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 19
Britney......Christina......doing covers of classic songs.....must not listen to radio or I'll risk hearing the songs and end up with a serious drinking problem.
frown.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 19
patboone.gif

1. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
(Downing/Halford/Tipton)
2. Smoke on the Water
(Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice)
3. It's a Long Way to the Top
(If You Wanna Rock 'N Roll) (Scott/Young/Young)
4. Panama (Roth/VanHalen/VanHalen)
5. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Bruce/Cooper)
6. Love Hurts (Bryant)
7. Enter Sandman (Hammett/Hetfield/Ulrich)
8. Holy Diver (Dio)
9. Paradise City (Guns N Roses)
10. The Wind Cries Mary (Hendrix)
11. Crazy Train (Daisley/Osbourne/Rhoads)
12. Stairway to Heaven (Page/Plant)

Oh, and before I forget, Bono and Ozzy Osbourne have been invited guests to the Bush White House.

The end is near........

Oct 30, 2002 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Dolly Parton did a really ripping cover of stairway to heaven on her latest record.

No, it's really good. Really!

It is actually quite good. Plant really liked the version as well.

I can hack a Pat Boone or a Dolly Parton doing cover versions.

Mariah Carey is gonna do a remake of Def Leppard's Bringing on the Heartbreak on her new record. Be very scared.....

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 19
You ain't seen nothin' yet...Have you guys heard BoneyM's cover of Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida?
evil_smiley.gif
...ROTFLMAO...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 19
I saw that Pat Boone CD. I just thought he was going to play a steel guitar or something. Have you actually heard it? I like his voice, just not his music.

Oct 30, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 19
Only heard some RAM clips at counter-point music

But from what I've seen, it actually won some awards and had decent sales.
confused.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
patboone.gif

1. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
(Downing/Halford/Tipton)
2. Smoke on the Water
(Blackmore/Gillan/Glover/Lord/Paice)
3. It's a Long Way to the Top
(If You Wanna Rock 'N Roll) (Scott/Young/Young)
4. Panama (Roth/VanHalen/VanHalen)
5. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Bruce/Cooper)
6. Love Hurts (Bryant)
7. Enter Sandman (Hammett/Hetfield/Ulrich)
8. Holy Diver (Dio)
9. Paradise City (Guns N Roses)
10. The Wind Cries Mary (Hendrix)
11. Crazy Train (Daisley/Osbourne/Rhoads)
12. Stairway to Heaven (Page/Plant)

Oh, and before I forget, Bono and Ozzy Osbourne have be invited guests to the Bush White House.

The end is near........

Man... that is obscene!
biggrin.gif

Hehehehe I saw a CD in the local MVC store a while back called "Somebody has to be Pat Boone - by the Evinrudes". There's as real hatred of Pat Boone these days. And my grandma though he was a really nice boy.
evil_smiley.gif

Sound As Ever

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
I saw that Pat Boone CD. I just thought he was going to play a steel guitar or something. Have you actually heard it? I like his voice, just not his music.

have you ever seen the osbournes? the opening track is his rendition of "crazy train" by ozzy osbourne and i'm pretty sure all the songs on that album sound like that.

i remember when this album first came out, the local rock station in florida was playing tracks and laughing their balls off. quite hysterical although i really don't know what is going through somebody's mind when they buy that (unless of course they're going to make fun of it).

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
have you ever seen the osbournes? the opening track is his rendition of "crazy train" by ozzy osbourne and i'm pretty sure all the songs on that album sound like that.

i remember when this album first came out, the local rock station in florida was playing tracks and laughing their balls off. quite hysterical although i really don't know what is going through somebody's mind when they buy that (unless of course they're going to make fun of it).

Hell, I think that Ritchie Blackmore played on Smoke On the Water.

Nov 2, 2002 at 1:23 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck

Oh, and before I forget, Bono and Ozzy Osbourne have be invited guests to the Bush White House.

The end is near........

Actually... the end is not near. All of this cRap/pop music has inspired a new spirit of rebellion that I am seeing in developing bands these days.

There is much better stuff rising out of the ashes today than there ever was in the 1990's.

Just go to your local underground nightclub or concert... you'll see what I mean.

Nov 3, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 19
I agree with Tim. The pendulum has started swinging back to good music and rap has hopefully run it's course, much like disco did. (I survived that period - when The Disco Disease ran rampent, shudder!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back