Sign that I'm getting old. . .
Jun 19, 2002 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
wink.gif

Big 16 coming up in 4 days! (June 22). These last few years, I've noticed I don't really care about X-mas, birthdays, etc. It used to be that I'd drop hints about 24 months in advance.
rolleyes.gif

Now. . . I just don't care! So, my mom's been constantly asking. . . anything tips for something cool/cheap? No, I'm not getting a car.
wink.gif

The best present I could hope for? A promise that I can spend the money that I've been earning the last 2 weeks on what I want(amp upgrade time
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Anything?

Jun 19, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 28
money for college hahaha

favorite cake/ice cream cake
buy you some cds
big family pinic/BBQ

saving money is a good thing you'll never know when you'll need it, but then again you gotta treat yourself sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 28
I was just thinking what to recomend to you, and then it hit me!! I can't remember what my parents got me 1 month ago!!!

Ask for something to improve your social life... Like an air hockey table, or a gamecube perhaps??

Oh silly me I just remembered... They gave me a bunch of nice furniture to completely redocarate my room =)

Jun 19, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 28
It's a rarety, but when I go, I really GO.

That counts for a number of things.

confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

anything tips for something cool/cheap?

Gift certificate to Tower, CDNow, Amazon, anyplace else that sells CDs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 28
Hehehehe

You know you're getting old when you drive around a new area of town and say...

"I remember when all this was fields"

Yup, i'm 28 and have started saying that.

You also know you're getting old when you no longer know what the top 20 singles are. Even more so when you don't even care.

"Music was better when I was younger"

To all of these I plead guilty.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 9:31 PM Post #10 of 28
when I look in my closet and see shoes that are older than most head-fiers.LOL!!!Oh to be 16.

Jun 19, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #11 of 28
Kevlar,

I think music was better when YOU were younger... What does that make me???
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #12 of 28
I know music was better when I was younger.

Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Janice Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, young Bob Dylan, Hendrix and the list goes on and on.

Jun 19, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 28
Flasken,

It probably makes you a bit mixed up. Just the way we like you
biggrin.gif

My formative years were the '80s. And i'm still trying to forget them. It's just that the New Kids On the Block keep coming back to haunt me. I know most of the Housemartins and latterly the Beautiful South as Paul Heaton et al comes from Hull and were regularly seen out and about around the town.

Mind you, thinking of the 80s. Kylie has since turned into a bit of a hottie in recent years.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 20, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
when I look in my closet and see shoes that are older than most head-fiers.LOL!!!Oh to be 16.

I just threw out a pair of boots that were 17 years old (I'm 34) while cleaning out my closet. They needed to be resoled again (were on their third soles I think) and decided since I have hardly worn them since I got married and had three other pairs of boots, it was time to retire them permanently. My wife was happy, but they were my only pair of cowboy boots.
frown.gif

Been looking at cars lately, as the Bomb is soon to need a lot of work and too much of it is body work. Looking at a lot of cars that I wanted when I was twenty, but now they have 100k-160k miles on them!
eek.gif

And why do my knees hurt all the time?
confused.gif

And Flasken, WHAT does that girl have to do with this thread?!?!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back