Sidegrade Bug -- Want a Nano I think
Mar 18, 2006 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ugusensei

Head-Fier
Right now I got a G3 20gig iPod. For whatever reason, I want to get a new iPod just...for wanting one. And I want to get a Nano. I think I want to get it for the fact its small, and could use more pocket space. I would obviously take the hit in storage (thinking of the 4gig one).

I have someone who is interested in buying my G3 iPod. However I'm apprehensive. Has anyone gone from lots of space to buying the Nano? Felt a change in your music listening habits at all? Missed having all that space? Admittedly that Radio Remote sounds interesting too.

I thought about the 30 or 60 gig ipod, but i just dont have that must music to fill it up with.

Stick with the 20gig or get the Nano?

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Mar 19, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Well do you go through more than 4gb of music each day? I'm guessing not. If you're fine with having to change your music on your Nano occassionally, I wouldn't necessarily say the decrease in storage is a disadvantage

I apprehensively suggest having a look at the new Sandisk E200 series:
http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3078
http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.3088

Both of those look pretty spiffy actually. Unfortunately most of my music is encoded in AAC so those guys wouldn't be able to play them. There's quite a few neat players out here in Japan. But it's only Apple stuff that supports AAC :/ so I've limited myself already.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Tough decision. I have a 20GB 3G myself, and somehow I don't love it anymore. Too little space & battery time. All I am waiting for is Apple's next announcement as I hope for a 80GB unit. I have a 180GB library though. Nevertheless, come summer (or at least something like spring, Barbaria is still winterwonderland) I will want to have my ultraportable rig for all those opportunities where I do not want to bring the big system. 4GB Nano + whatever decent earbud, maybe Sennheiser CX300.

How much music do you have? With small capacity - and I consider even 20GB pretty small
wink.gif
- it helps to set up smart playlists in iTunes. For example I have one that collects all the last six weeks worth of CDs I import, and another one that is identical for the iPod, which cuts certain genres & is limited to 4GB. Then I have a regular playlist holding my portable "must haves" and several other smart lists. I rarely have to manually change content on the iPod and can be sure to have the latest on it.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 7
I went from a 30GB photo to nano 4gb... I missed the space and hated to decide what i wanted in my nano all the time.... The first day the 5gen video Ipod came out, I sold my nano and got the 30gb
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 7
Total I have about 17 gigs worth. And its all on my 20gig right now. My music habits are I'll either listen to one particular artist or select a genre based on what I'm in the mood for. Plus I have a selection of my all time favorites.

Which is why I think I could get away with a 4gig Nano and be happy. 1 gig seems.... just too small. Though I don't think I could afford having both at this time. I was going to sell my 20gig to a friend, now I think I should just stick with my 20gig for now. Especially after reading the Nano's sound quality isn't too hot. Maybe I can hold off for the next generation
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back