Sick of Apples headphones and still can't find anything to fit my needs. Need Help!
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

k923

New Head-Fier

Looking for comfortable, small form factor IEM's, with iphone contols.  

Here is what I have tried before and why I didn't like them:
Diddy Beats. (to heavy, to big, and not worth the money)
Bose MIE2i. (was looking for comfort but they aren't IEMs and dont seal so no good)
a-Jays Four. (I felt these were the best so far in terms of size and value, but never was able to wear them for that long, always started hurting my ear)
Apple IEM's (These were very uncomfortable to me, didn't last a day)
Shure SE215 (Found out I am not a fan of headphones that wrap over your ear, so please don't suggest any)
I think I've tried others but can't remember right now.

Things I would like to have:
Under $200.
Sound good listening to podcasts/rock/hip-hop from an iphone.
Comfortable for hours of listening.
Small for factor, for when I fly or lay down. I like to rest my head on one side and usually the IEM that are larger or longer feel like the being jammed farther in my ear.  So small flat would be preffered.
Has iphone controls, since I always use this with my iphone it is very convient to take calls and control the iphone.
I was looking for tangle free but haven't found anything, so this one is not really that important.

I thought about spending a little more money and going custom. I am just worried about spending money and it still feeling like its jaming in my ear while resting my head on a plane and dont know of any that have iphone controls. Thanks for the reply's.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 13
Would say Klipsch x10i, but think they are too likely to cause you trouble lying down.   Think you may have better luck with buds then iems.  Even customs would probably be uncomfortable lying on the side.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 13
The Klipsch Image X5i, DBA-02, EQ-7, UE700 are recommended.and they all sound great for the price.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 13
Zarim never reads the OP completely and always suggest something not the signature or requirements of the OP. Obviously didn't read your post #4 either. That is why Zarim is on the block list:) since simple lists of various sounding phones that usually are not to the OP requirements are a waste of time. Had to be said:) At least do the OP the respect of reading the full post well enough as to actually help.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 13
Zarim never reads the OP completely and always suggest something not the signature or requirements of the OP. Obviously didn't read your post #4 either. That is why Zarim is on the block list:) since simple lists of various sounding phones that usually are not to the OP requirements are a waste of time. Had to be said:) At least do the OP the respect of reading the full post well enough as to actually help.

Zarim's posts always crack me up. It's like he has a formula. "___, __, and ___ are recommended."

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 13
Could you please stop following my posts and saying things about me on forum because every member have right to recommend.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 13
Why not Westone TS1? I know you find Shure's cables uncomfortable but generally, Westone cables are ridiculously limp and pretty much unnoticeable. No memory wire either.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 13
I believe meelec m11p+ is small and has iphone control. U should search on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back