Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted: update 6-3-2011)
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #166 of 173
I'm back to post in this thread, since I have a similar issue.

I use Grados for my main headphones, so I thought the WA6-SE will be perfect for my needs. When I emailed Woo today, they stated they actually recommend the WA2 for the best amp for Grados. I did say in my email that I was looking for a warm but not too warm sound that can help to deal with the worst that digital can do to my ears (really bright highs at times).

So I'm curious, who else use the Grados on the WA2? I heard nothing but good things about the WA6-SE, so I was taken back on their recommendation on the WA2. I use the GH1 and GH2 for my headphones, and thinking about getting the GS2000e in the future.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #168 of 173
In my brief listen, I easily preferred the Woo WA6SE.

Spareribs,
My question is a stretch given the post is 9 years old...but if you're still around, do you remember which headphone you used in your brief listen?

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #171 of 173
AKG K701. That amp is fantasy IMO. The power supply on that unit is quality which makes a difference

K701 + WA6SE is a very enjoyable combo. Always liked that headphone with Woo’s, they pair very well together

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #172 of 173
Interesting thread revival!

This was one of my all-time favorite tube amps. The versatility is impressive. If I were to go back to a full system I'd have this in it.

I still have the AKG Q702 and enjoy them.

I hope this review is still somewhat valid even with the newer versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back