Shure's funny looking foam
Mar 15, 2006 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

injanear

New Head-Fier
So i just got a new pair of E3gs. I think they are way better than the mx500 i used b4 these. The foam sleeves gives me the best seal... atleast one of them do...

Is this covered under their warranty??

weridfoam2.gif

weridfoam.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 17
How long have you let them sit there on the table after unpacking? They are made of memory foam which helps keep them sealed and comfortable in your ear canal. Generally they will return to a round shape if you leave them long enough though.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 17
it looked like that while it was still inside that little bag. I let it sat there for a few minutes. One of them bounce back and look fine but the other one look deform...

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 17
I hear you injanear. I just got a pair of E3Cs in black from Best Buy (I think they are a new color) and my foamies are the same way. I wanted to use them based on what I heard around here and I just can't seem to get them to work well because they look like that too. If this is covered I am sending them in.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 17
I would think Shure would send you replacements , from what I hear of their customer service. If you like the foams for fit , I have been useing these http://www.earphonesolutions.com/cocatiforum2.html they work fantastic for me , much better than the stock ones from Shure on my E3cs. Just something to keep on mind , you will be replacing the foams eventually.

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 17
They must be permanently deformed because I've experimented on my old foamies and after smashing them to death they still "pop" back into shape...it's amazing I tell you !

Mar 15, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinwerm
I would think Shure would send you replacements , from what I hear of their customer service. If you like the foams for fit , I have been useing these http://www.earphonesolutions.com/cocatiforum2.html they work fantastic for me , much better than the stock ones from Shure on my E3cs. Just something to keep on mind , you will be replacing the foams eventually.

yhst-94024159501758_1886_1149641

They are a lot more expensive than the Shure foam tips. I assume they are worth it?? Do they last longer or just more comfortable?

I think I paid $17 for 20 of the yellow Shure tips.

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 17
well, I've just emailed them, hopefully they will replace 1 peice of foam...
Completely different topic though, if you roll up the foam and let it expand in your ear while playing music, you can clearly tell the bass growing.

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 17
they were so quick, didnt even ask for my recipt and will be sending me a some new foams! Their serivce is really second to none.
etysmile.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #11 of 17
with my foamies I used to wash them in water and soap and then dry withhairdryer. They would pop right back to normal shape

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 17
Whom did you contact because I would like to do the same then. Is this on the warranty card?

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
yhst-94024159501758_1886_1149641

They are a lot more expensive than the Shure foam tips. I assume they are worth it?? Do they last longer or just more comfortable?

I think I paid $17 for 20 of the yellow Shure tips.

They are much more comfortable (for me anyway) and provide a better seal for my ears so I get a bit of a better sound from them. They are also made from a softer type of foam than the stock shures , I have noticed they tend to "pick-up" lint and things so I keep the them in a small bagie when not in use. I dont see them lasting longer than the stock ones and yeah they are a bit more expensive , I guess it comes down to getting the best fit for the individual.

Mar 16, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #15 of 17
confused.gif
i only own a pair of mx500 and these e3gs. I cant really tell the difference... other than the isolation. Is it my ears or do i need better quality music. my stuff are mostly 192kbp

edit: I dont know how the equalizer works too... I just actually learned about bode plots and it looks kinda similar. So is the Y-axis in the equalizer the gain and the x-axis the freqency which you are editing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back