Shures Customer service is one of the best, but im still pissed
Oct 4, 2007 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
OMG I remember I complained on shures customer service based on what someone at shure told me. But I returned the SE530s, and just got a completely new pair.

I am kind of pissed of however.

I got back the Shure E500s, and not the shure SE530s.

I know they are supposedly the same. Bu the E500s unlike the newer batch of SE530s, will probably suffer from the cable problem. The latest batches of SE530s are supposedly the ones with the better cable

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 18
i got some problem too. my se210's cable broke too and when i went to Shure Hong Kong for a repair/replacement. they told me i got the Shure from some place that's not warranty by Shure Hong Kong/Asia so i have to pay them 400 HK dollars for a new pair.

fyi $1 US = $ 7.8 HK

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 18
i dont see any manufacturing date!

on the plug where the cable splits into separate channels I see the numbers 2556 E500.

Does that say whenthey were made. Im hoping sugarfriend can help me out with this. By he way I should still congratulate shure for their customer service took care of my babies and returned me a new pair.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on the plug where the cable splits into separate channels I see the numbers 2556 E500.

Does that say whenthey were made. Im hoping sugarfriend can help me out with this. By he way I should still congratulate shure for their customer service took care of my babies and returned me a new pair.

255th day of 2006

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

one simple way is to pm him and WAIT for a response before starting a thread that has "still pissed" in the title.
tongue.gif

as far as i know Shure only had very few early E500's with bad cables, i wouldnt worry as much about it getting a set of those now..then again
E530's do look better...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #12 of 18
did you get black foams with the e500, if not i would complain because the se530 does contain the improved foam tips and lets face it an up to date name that say they are part of the new line

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #13 of 18
look, yea, quality control isnt perfect, and some damaged headphones get out, or get damaged in travel, things happen, and getting the product replaced no questions asked, its getting rarer and rarer, but these companies still stand by their product,

the E500 and the SE530, its the same earpiece, different name, and you gut some extra tips, thats good too, you have all the right in the world to be pissed, but to face the truth, shure did everything they could do to fix the matter,

Oct 6, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #14 of 18
its unusual for me to complain about shure service but i do believe you should have got newer than what you sent in, shure knows problems have been found in the earlier e500 model, the least they could do is send out a se530 model because it is (wether the same or not) the up to date version...with improved tips and so on

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #15 of 18
If you bought the SE530, that's the one they should be giving you. If you bought the E500, then that's the one they should be giving you. If you got a model you didn't originally send into them, you have every right to demand the proper product. If you bought the SE530 and you choose to sell it, the SE530 will obviously have a higher resale value than the E500. Anything less in unacceptable. It's a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back