Shure warranty repair turnaround time?
Nov 27, 2007 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know the estimated turnaround time from experince? I sent my E500 off for repairs 4 weeks ago and haven't received anything back yet.
confused.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last August I sent mine in and it took about 10 days. Includes the shipping time to them and shipping time back.

Did you have to call the repair in? I looked on their website and they just have a form for you to download and fill out and send in with the IEMs without contacting Shure. The delivery confirmation show that the package was delivered 4 weeks ago... Dunno what's up...?
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you have to call the repair in? I looked on their website and they just have a form for you to download and fill out and send in with the IEMs without contacting Shure. The delivery confirmation show that the package was delivered 4 weeks ago... Dunno what's up...?
frown.gif

Nope never called them, I did the same thing as you. I would call them and check what's going on.

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Anyone know the estimated turnaround time from experince? I sent my E500 off for repairs 4 weeks ago and haven't received anything back yet.
confused.gif

i sent my 500's back around Nov. 5, by FedEx 2nd day delivery. The UPS guy tried to drop off the replacement pair today.

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #6 of 26
I got a pair of SE530 to replace my E500 with a broken tube, in warranty period. Did the online thing and shipped it; got it back in about 2 weeks.

The new model sounds a bit different in the bass, less deep, more controlled, less bloated. Still, the midrange on up sound dark, no improvement there.

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a pair of SE530 to replace my E500 with a broken tube, in warranty period. Did the online thing and shipped it; got it back in about 2 weeks.

The new model sounds a bit different in the bass, less deep, more controlled, less bloated. Still, the midrange on up sound dark, no improvement there.

per Shure, SE530 and E500 are exactly the same...
confused.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

per Shure, SE530 and E500 are exactly the same...
confused.gif

It's been 5 weeks or so since i last listened to 500's, so impressions are less than reliable, but 530's do sound the same to me, more or less.

One thing, the 530's come with 4 pairs of olive foamies, which seem squishier than before. Woohoo. The 2nd and 3rd pairs of 500's i got as RMA's came with none.

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #9 of 26
If it is big enough for me to detect (I tend to poo-poo minor differences), then it is real. Could be break in of the older phones, or unit to unit variations, or running design changes... which happens in virtually any production line.

"The same" is not necessarily 100% the same. For example, Richard Vandersteen makes speaker design upgrades all the time, but doesn't announce a change unless he's made a top-to-bottom improvement that he considers worthy of an upgrade purchase. Don't confuse the customers or frustrate purchasers who bought just before the change.

Dec 1, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbobby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been 5 weeks or so since i last listened to 500's, so impressions are less than reliable, but 530's do sound the same to me, more or less.

One thing, the 530's come with 4 pairs of olive foamies, which seem squishier than before. Woohoo. The 2nd and 3rd pairs of 500's i got as RMA's came with none.

Got my replacement today.

I haven't listen to the E500 much before I sent it in for warranty repair and it's been a little over a month since I sent them in so I can't really say if there is a difference b/w the E500 and SE530 sonically for sure.

But there are certainly physical differences. The SE530 seem shinier/lighter in finish/color. The SE530 also have a groove on the earpeice where it was flush on the E500. The extension cord male ending is bulkier/fatter. I want to say that the E500 had better fit and cables (finish wise).

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 26
4 weeks is a long time to wait.

FYI - i live 10 miles from Shure and took my se530 to the service dept when the left monitor blew. All I did was fill out a form and gave them the headphones. The next day by 10:30 am they were on my doorstep. Now that's some damn customer service !!!!!

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #14 of 26
I didn't have a receipt and they told me that they would check to see when it was manufactured (there is a number on the plug that signifies when it was made) to see if it was in warranty. I downloaded the RMA pdf and sent in my E3c and got brand new SCL3 back in less than a week, I believe. I suppose the quick turnaround time was partially due to the fact that I live in Chicago and the Shure warehouse is in Niles or Skokie or something (really really close).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back